Ratings for Dr. Ronald C. Hansen

One of the most horrific and disappointing healthcare experiences I have had. We took our 4 month old to Dr. Hansen because he has diffuse eczematous lesions. Dr. Hansen entered the room without introducing himself, refused to make eye contact with us and within seconds our child was crying hysterically. Interestingly, the resident was smiling and giggling during his exam but Dr. Hansen approached our son's body suddenly and without soothing or comforting him. Dr. Hansen invalidated our questions and concerns and did not answer our questions about the use of natural eczema remedies. He was stifling and demeaning to us and told us to just listen to him and stop asking questions. When I expressed concern over his treatment recommendations, he defensively started rambling off his academic resume, citing his achievements and expertise in the pediatric dermatology field in a most arrogant way. I filed a complaint with PCH and my insurance. AVOID THIS DOC AT ALL COSTS, HE'S OLD AND ANGRY.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr Hansen had very poor bed side manner. Did not introduce himself, shake my hand, or even look me in the eye. Has personal beliefs against circumcision, or revisions of a cirx gone wrong, unless you are Jewish. Assumed I was not when telling me that he refuses to help my son with his issue. Waited 2 + mos for appointment and was dissatisfied with his medical advice. Information as to his personal belief of circumcision should have been disclosed at appointment.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Dr. Ronald C. Hansen's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)