Ratings for Dr. Joseph P. Griffin

Terrible man. He does not care about anyone. If u disagree with him and start to ask questions he will refuse to respond to you and will call you names!!! He will then open the door, demand that you leave and refuse to have you back as a patient. He is rude and does not feel that anyone should have questions.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

After seeing one of his nurse prationed for a year I was 1 minute late signing in and was told I would have to reschedule! I was never told of this policy if I was aware of it I would have pushed the two elderly ladies who were blocking the sign in sheet out of the way to make sure I signed in on time. I found this highly inappropriate, how many time have I sat and waited on her? It just showed me that they truly only care about how much money they are making and not about patient care. My husband and I canceled all our appointments we will find a new doctor that puts his patient care first. I do not recommend this office to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Just reading through some of the negative comments and I don't seem to recognize the doctor or staff that I have been seeing the last 5 yrs or so. He is a lot better than the previous local doctor I had. I find that many other doctors charge a yearly fee of around $75 for Medicare paperwork. I have never been charged a fee for copies of tests I have had. I have found him to be very competent. He can sometimes be blunt but I prefer that. He explains the results of tests I have had and answers my questions and makes recommendations to me. So far, I have no complaints. I have never had any problem with the staff or noticed others having a problem. If I ever do have a problem I will be sure to let you know.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

We had an appointment with Dr Griffin at the end of July for my 80 year old father who has been seen Dr Griffin for at least 15 years. We were about 10 minutes late due to unforeseen circumstances which can happen with the elderly and according to his my father's conditions should be completely understood however they were not. We were told we could not be seen because we were late even though there were only maybe two other patients in the waiting room at that time. We have been going through some very serious health conditions with my father and I would think being a long time patient would give you some consideration and care for his condition and his state of health but this was not the case. I had to wait at least 5 minutes for the poor overworked staff member at the counter while she was helping two other patients there were no other office staff in sight this was probably around 8 a.m. in the past at other visits Dr Griffin has told my father he is old and frail and needs to just stay put almost as if he's waiting for him to just die. If you're trying to help someone get better why would you tell them they're old and frail why wouldn't you be encouraging and caring especially after you have been a patient for 15 years or more. Dr. Griffin needs to go. Do not go to this doctor. Dr Griffin also told my father he should not travel however we ignored his advice thank God and got him to a lower altitude where he has been without his oxygen which he needed 24 hours a day 7 days a week in Prescott but he has been without his oxygen for over 14 days now. If you're going to be a doctor, it's best to have your patients best interest in mind. the only good thing I can say is the office staff is quite lovely most of the time but it is clear that they are overworked and understaffed.

Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr Griffen needs to retire. He has become rude egotistical and does not hear you. He listens but does not hear you he has only one opinion and that is his your visits are schedule for at least 15 minutes your in there maybe 5 minutes. His bedside manners are horrific He used to be an ok Dr not the greatest but now it is obvious he is in medicine for every dollar he can get from his patients. He tells you to do this or that then gives you drugs that that won't allow you to do them cause you are sleepy all the time I have always stuck with my Dr where I live but this is one I will leave. And as soon as possible. I hate speaking of anyone like this but it is time someone over him in this state monitors him closer. Other Dr have commented on him and his annual charge of $150 just to walk in his door and then wait to have a dose of his egotistical behavior. I don't believe he even combs his hair. He reminds you if a dr who has gone nuts and maybe he had. I feel fir him he needs help

Submitted September 19, 2013

My aunt and uncle and I have been going to Dr. Griffin for almost 3 years now and we have all experienced problems with Dr. Griffin and expecially his office staff. It was so bad that I wrote Dr. Griffin a letter documenting the problems and asking for a reply but I never got a response. I am leaving him and would never refer anyone to him. I believe he is very negligent in the care of all three of us and I believe he needs to retire and not practice medicine.

Submitted January 15, 2013

Reprinted for others to see. This doctor is so bizarre - not only in his appearance, but in his behavior and attitude as well. He treats you like just a number, he doesn't listen, he makes wild assumptions, and he tries to manipulate you into going to specific service providers of his choice because he has had a spat with another provider (e.g., xrays). His staff is cold, uncaring and arrogant. Maybe at one time he truly practiced medicine, but now it seems he's just going through the motions for the $$$. He is so callous that he charges $1/page for copies of your own medical records and, if you need a MVD handicap card or plate, he charges you $20.00 for his signature. The sad part is that 90% of his practice is geriatric and many are on fixed incomes, but he doesn't mind gouging them for his own benefit. A ruthless man.

Submitted December 26, 2012

I took my great grandmother, who is 99 years old, to see Dr. Griffin and he wouldn't even accept her as a patient because she angered him when she said that her minister prays for her and she believes it helps her health. The staff was extremely rude. I have never met a more arrogant egotistical doctor. I understand that people have different beliefs, but come on, she's 99 she didn't know it would offend him.

Submitted November 6, 2012

I found Dr.Griffin to be very competent and personable. He is not only intelligent but friendly as well. He actually has a good bedside manner compared to most Doc's. I highly recommend him. I don't mind paying the fee because its actually a bargain for what you are getting!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Dr Griffin is a very kind and caring Dr. He listens well, and I feel very comfortable with him. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Dr. Joseph P. Griffin's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1977)

Providence