Ratings for Dr. Sebouh Matossian

Very efficient and prompt receptionist. Very good doctor, much better than my GP. Dr. Matossian actually phoned in and confirmed the results of labtests that my referring GP had 'forgotten' to forward. He is a good listener, and reasoned with me about optional treatments. I am very impressed by his manners. This doctor finally got me on the road to recovery.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I had uncontrolled high blood pressure for almost a year. After 3 times going to emergency, I was sent to Dr. Matossian. In the first visit he suspected on my adrenal glands by reviewing my blood works done and after doing more blood tests and MRI he diagnosed adrenoma and that my high blood pressure was not related to cardiovascular system but my adrenal gland. Then he treated that with only one pill a day . Now my blood pressure is well controlled or better to say I don't have high blood pressure any more.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Matossian is one of the best specialists I've ever met.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I really liked him. He listened exceptionally well, took detailed notes, and answered my questions thoroughly. He was instrumental in getting me diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease (dermatomyositis with anti-jo1 antibodies) after my family doctor had tried to explain away my symptoms as "allergies" and "anxiety" or just plain tried to tell me I wasn't experiencing them. At the first appointment Dr. Matossian really listened and ordered many tests, one of which came back positive for this condition. I had 2 more appointments with him but then was passed on to a rheumatologist. I was sad to have to go. Dr. M seems ethical and altruistic, not in it for the money/status. Seems like a good person.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Matassian has been patient, helpful and very courteous throughout a challenging time for me, his progressive outlook has helped me move forward with my life and his staff has always been respectful and very helpful, I would strongly recommend him when you need blood/heart internal health issues!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I saw Dr. Matossian twice on matters related to my heart. He took great interest in all of the details related to my condition and was very knowledgeable and helpful. He took time analyzing the results of both visits and draw conclusion based on all fact. He even call the lab live on his cell to have them read the results of my latest blood work. I can honestly say this doctor cares. Im 51 yrs old and have seen a great deal of practitioners both in Europe and Canada, and this doctor by far beats them all. Thank you Dr. Matossian

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

He is amazing. I have severe anxiety and just being in the room with him had a calming effect. He is very calm and even shared a personal story of a family member with a fear of elevators. He took his time with me and walked me through everything he was doing. He helped to put my mind at ease but also insured I knew that we needed further tests. Finally someone is listening to me. Great Dr.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Though his receptionist isn't overly personable and I've even felt she was off putting and rude at times, I have had nothing but amazing appointments with Dr Matossian. At first meet I thought he was stand offish and just a lets get this over with Dr. But I was wrong, i've seen him for a while now and he's opened up a bit more on a patient/doctor personal level which makes the appointment easier. He's thorough with his exams and questions. He's even referred to a medical book to see which drug may be best for me while in my fertile years as I may still have children. The fact he knows i have one child and may have more and gives a crap about the outcome of certain medications is amazing to me. He is a straight shooter but I've never felt it was rude. He has to tell us to lose weight or stop this etc. But I honestly can't say enough about him. If you are use to bubbly/sugary disposition then you may feel off put. I am not that way, so I enjoy my apps and feel very comfortable in sharing

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

He gave me a diagnosis after two years of people telling me it was in my head

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Dr. Matossian is one of the best doctors I have ever attended. I can't say enough good things about him, actually. He has taken excellent care of me when I needed it.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Dr. Sebouh Matossian's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very efficient and prompt receptionist. Very good doctor, much better than my GP. Dr. Matossian actually phoned in and confirmed the results of labtests that my..."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had uncontrolled high blood pressure for almost a year. After 3 times going to emergency, I was sent to Dr. Matossian. In the first visit he suspected on my a..."

September 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V3L 3W5". Address has been updated from "None" to "301 Columbia St E, New Westminster". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045259177".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Matossian is one of the best specialists I've ever met."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I really liked him. He listened exceptionally well, took detailed notes, and answered my questions thoroughly. He was instrumental in getting me diagnosed wit..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Matassian has been patient, helpful and very courteous throughout a challenging time for me, his progressive outlook has helped me move forward with my life..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Matossian twice on matters related to my heart. He took great interest in all of the details related to my condition and was very knowledgeable and he..."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "He is amazing. I have severe anxiety and just being in the room with him had a calming effect. He is very calm and even shared a personal story of a family memb..."

September 26, 2014