Ratings for Dr. Sanghamitra Mehmi

I have been a patient of Dr. Mehmi for well over a decade. For many the biggest complaint is time, but all of her regulars know it is worth the extra 5 minutes just because of the care the gives.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Extremely unprofessional! She barely gives you any time in her office after waiting hours. Her receptionist named Raj is rude on the phone and lies about when Mehmi is in office. Dr.Mehmi cannot keep confidentiality and definitely needs to retire!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Wait times are horrible, she rushes you out and never seems to listen to me. Also doctor/patient confidentiality is an issue for her.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

There is always a MINIMUM wait time of at LEAST 1 hour. It is one particular assistant (she's been with Dr Mehmi for a ling time) who is to blame here. She puts forward files of patients she likes. She is not polite and will chat with people only of her own nationality. I am sure if she was gone, a lot of things will improve.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Horrible service and too long of a wait. Staff does not behave appropriately and doctor tries to get too personal. I only went to her because my mom made me as a child. Now I am through with her and it's the best decision I've made.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

not a very knowledgable doc and is not upto speed with new technology. stay away.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I've been with Dr. Mehmi for over 20 years. She was okay when I was younger, but I do have a few MAJOR ISSUES and I feel it's due time to make them more public. 1. Wait times are ridiculous - yes you can expect to wait 3+ hours, for even menial thing such as test results. I can appreciate taking you time with patients but then schedule them for a half hour-hour please! And it's fine if you want to take your time discussing a medical question but Dr. Mehmi now gets a bit too personal/non-medical related questions wanting every detail of your life.... The other issue is her secretary (the old hag that's been there for ages, not the younger one) is a total B**CH! RUDEST WOMAN YOU'LL EVER MEET. I don't understand how she has kept her job since she has the worst service attitude I've ever encountered. She is rude, belittling, cuts you off -- just a horrible horrible personality. She alone is probably the main reason I have stopped seeing Dr. Mehmi.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr Mehmi is a great Doctor. She has been my family doctor for over 17years and my only hesitation of going to see her is the dreadful wait times. I could have a appointment booked at 1pm and still wouldn't get to see till atleast 3pm. Other then the wait times, there is no issues with Dr Mehmi's practice. She is extremely knowledgable and does a thorough job. I wish something can be done with the timings so that she can see people as they are scheduled.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

You do have to wait a long time to see her and she does come in late but overall she has been my doctor for 25 years. I do go to her for major things but for minor things I go to a walk-in clinic. My husband made Dr. Mehmi his doctor because his doctor rushed and did not listen to all health concerns. Most doctors are concerned about seeing the most number of patients to make as much money as possible. She is hilarious and unlike other doctors, she does listen to more than 1 ailment/health issue. She does give you her 100% attention and does not rush out from patient to patient like other doctors. When I was hospitalized, she did call to ensure I was getting good care. She is also open to alternative medicine as long as it helps her patients. I know other doctors that are so stuck with traditional medicine methods that their patients are not their primary concern.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I have been with her for the past 18 yrs through two pregnancies as well. What I find now is that the wait time is getting unbearable. No question, she is an excellent doctor but come on! You don't make someone wait 3 hrs to see you for a blood test result. My husband scheduled an appointment and got in her office at 4:00 pm and was seen at 7 pm. And she has a sign in the office saying if you find it difficult to wait, you are welcome to go to the nearest walk in clinic. I mean who does that! Staff is ok. I do agree sometimes you feel you are in India and not Canada!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011