Ratings for Dr. Terri Weinberg

Dr. Weinberg is very caring and extremely knowledgeable. She is efficient but doesn't make you feel rushed at all. I am very grateful that I am able to find such a top-notch doctor.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Weinberg for over 15 years and my Mother also saw her. She is the best dr I have ever had and am so happy I have her in my corner! She never makes me feel rushed and I always feel fully cared for and listened to!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Weinberg for over 15 years now. I have stayed with her as she moved her office from place to place. The current office on Sheppard is OK. I find the receptionists less than helpful. Sometimes it takes ages to get an appointment because you can't get through on the phone, and they don't take messages. I always thought that Melinda was uptight and a little rude, but she was a great receptionist. I actually miss her now she's retired. Terri is a good doctor, but she has some quirks. Yes, she will make you use hand sanitizer if you touch your face, so I sit on my hands while I'm in her office. She was always very punctual, but less so lately. Several times in the current location I have waited, but not longer than 30 minutes. She almost refused to see me once when I was 10 minutes late, but I drove for 90 minutes to see her, so I wouldn't go home. I find her to be a bit rushed, and she won't see you for more than one or two things at one time. She usually won't renew prescriptions through the pharmacy and you'll have to go to see her. She will refer to specialists if needed. Recently, I had a high cholesterol result and the receptionist called to tell me to change my diet, and to repeat the blood work in 2 months. At the two month mark my cholesterol was even higher. I was told by the receptionist to "lose 4 pounds," (I think Terri probably said 40 lbs); I was still not started on a statin to lower my cholesterol. I'm a bit disappointed that I have not been started on a cholesterol lowering medication or offered suggestions for helping with the weight loss. I asked about starting Saxenda, a medication used in diabetes that is also used for weight loss, but she refused. I used to drive from Bowmanville to see her but now I'm looking for someone new in my neighbourhood. Unfortunately, I'm no longer finding her worth the drive.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

So rude, makes you feel terrible about yourself. Absolutely would NOT recommend. 'My way or the highway' approach.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Weinberg for years and I have to tell you that she is one of the best Doctors we have in this city. She is caring, very knowledgeable and goes that extra mile to make sure you are taken care of.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I was his patient for few years until about 2003 when following my request to remove a mole at the waist area (belt area) I was sent to a dermatologist. This was after a physical. Dermatologist discovered another mole on my back and luckily it was removed otherwise I could have been dead by now because of skin cancer. She should not be an MD !!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Previous patient of Weinberg in her Sheppard and Leslie location. Waits were horrible. Her front desk staff rude. She prescribed me Zoloft for depression knowing that the source of my depression was that my father was sexually abusing my sisters and that I was later raped at 13 by the 32 year old neighbour. She didn't called child services despite the fact that I clearly needed to be removed from my home. I was not sent for counselling. i later got pregnant and she reported me to CAS - this is documented in another physician's files, which states very clearly that it was Terri. Supposedly she believed I was using drugs while pregnant. This was false, and could have been easily verified by a blood or urine test, or even repeated ones. Since I was pregnant and providing monthly pee samples it would have been easy to do even without my knowledge, although I would have consented. This stress made my pregnancy so awful, and low and behold, as soon as my child was born CAS requested a drug test. Of course, it was negative. They tested the meconium only though, so they would have had better results in a more timely manner if they just did regular pee or blood checks with me throughout the pregnancy. She had put me through that pain and stress for nothing, and didn't intervene when I needed help. Going back and reading my file is ridiculous. I had missed a solid month of grade eight where I didn't come out of my room even to eat, and she wrote a note to my school that it was some sort of post viral infection complication to prevent them from calling CAS on my mother. No it was not a viral infection, it was a kid experiencing child abuse and needing help. Terri, you were so incompetent. Painfully incompetent.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

My parents were referred to Dr. Weinberg in 1990. I was born in 1991 and have been going to her ever since. I am now 24, and throughout the years I have moved and am now about a 45 minute commute from Dr. Weinberg, but I am still willing to make the trip to see her because I trust her with my health and to take care of all my concerns. I have been to a couple other local family doctors, but they are not as knowledgeable as Dr. Weinberg. Thank you Dr. Weinberg for all your years of treating my family and I! We feel like we are in good hands :)

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Weinberg has been my doctor since she first opened her practice. I was 17 yrs. old then, I am now 42. I went away to school in the U.S. and never left her as my primary physician. She is an excellent, knowledgeable, caring, thoughtful doctor and although she is busy, takes the time to find out about things going on with your life as it relates to care. She is definitely an advocate for you as her patient. On a personal level she has the insight and is empathetic and warm. When you are in her office the conversation, though coming from an experience medical professional, feels as though your are getting advice from a best friend. She is truly a wonderful doctor and if you are considering any family doctor she is one of the best. Also her old secretary Lynn, was really excellent, kind and always on-point. We miss you Lynn-Happy retirement!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Weinberg has been my mother's physician for a number of years and we are truly pleased with her knowledge, caring, no nonsense approach.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015