Ratings for Dr. Kumar Angl

I have been a patient of Dr Angl’s for approximately 8 years. Dr Angl is really easy to talk to, listens and doesn’t rush me and keeps on top of all my health problems. I can discuss anything with him. I have two diseases that have become worse over time. Unfortunately I have had a lot of surgeries, some I’ve had only have worked a minimal amount and there isn’t anything that can be done and some that have help a lot. Dr. Angl would send referrals for the x-rays, Mri’s, ultrasounds and any other tests I needed in so I could have them done and have the results back in time so when I saw the surgeons I would just give them the results. Almost every surgeon appreciated the tests being done before hand and wished all family Doctors did this, as it saves so much time. These are only some of the reasons why I have a LOT of respect for Dr. Angl. He is a really nice Doctor and wish more were like him! Dr Angl’s receptionist, Kylie, is very friendly and helpful. His previous receptionist, approximately 3 years ago, wasn’t as skilful. Kylie on her own get 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

His staff are lovely. Polite reception every time, but incredible wait times in the worst way. I don't see him anymore, but if you need to see him, book the first appointment of the day if you can. Really, though: do not see him. He is rude, has no filter, says offensive and uninformed things about your condition, and tends to shaft patients he feels take up too much time. This means rushing disgnoses based on flawed half-evidence and pushing the first prescription he can to get you out of his office. He is not warm and he actually misdiagnosed a life-changing and potentially lethal condition as far as my case goes. As I see in another post, Dr. Angl loves to tell people to go to the hospital instead of following a more beneficial treatment path. It was one of my worst medical decisions to take him on as my physician.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Angl for the last 2 to 3 years since moving to Courtice. Dr Angl has been extremely helpfull and understanding. Really nice Doctor. Receommend Dr Angl! :-)

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Useless! Not sure how he became a Doctor? Not able to help with anything other than a cold and give prescriptions for conditions I had before I seen him. My previous Doctor retired and I moved to Oshawa and found him from the Oshawa clinic. I am currently looking for another Doctor! Seriously don't waste your time!!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

my husband who is a brittle diabetic; has high blood pressure among other serious health issues was abandoned by this physician-- he does nothing for his patients when in distress and when becoming too complicated he dumps the patient--when at their most critically ill! poor poor medicine-- worst i have ever seen...(and i work in the medical field as a professional) we are pursuing this matter further as feeling abadoned by a physician should NOT happen in Canada!Tried to work with him, to no avail. Has left my husband in a deep state of depression and feeling lost as securing a Dr today next to impossible- and the Dr knows this! All the while,my husbands health is continuing to deteriorate, and he has not done nor suggested anything to help him, test him etc. His leg is continuing to darken and be extremely painful(needs knee repl/is diabetic)yet when the Dr sees it, he looks, walks away and says nothing. My husband remains very very ill and b/c of the dr's actions now has lost hope

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Was in too much of a rush. Misdiagnosed my infant daughter with a severe, life-changing disability. Took her to another doctor. He was shocked about what this doctor told us. My daughter is perfectly healthy. Obviously, we switched doctors.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

took me as a patient in '05. I had a miscarriage I was unaware of until I saw him. He sent me for ultrasounds and found ovarian cysts. He then told me the ovary had be removed, and tried to make me feel better saying I had two. He told me if I wanted it over with, to go to the hospital over the weekend to get it removed. During my continuous blood tests to monitor my HCG hormone, he then told me he wanted me to have a D&C cause he was "tired of this" meaning tired of seeing me to take blood. I saw my OB/GYN for another opinion and she put me on a birth control pill which made the cysts disappear on their own. She didn't understand why he'd tell me that. I found a new Dr. right away. Years later at the Courtice clinic, I saw him by chance for my daughter's ear infection. Her antibiotic wasn't working. He took her off prematurely saying "there's nothing wrong with her, take her off" I knew he was wrong and She got it back. My new Dr. put her back on as it was back and it went away. Awful

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

not informed about women's health issues - i.e. breastfeeding, postpartum, etc. - very rushed appointments.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

Took on my elderly father as a patient on very short notice. His is a complicated health situation, but Dr. Angl stepped in when the previous Doctor closed his practise. Thanks!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007