Ratings for Dr. David Crisp

I've seen Dr. Crisp a few times over the past 12 years and he has always been very kind and informative. I saw him first when I was 16, a little scared of course after being diagnosed with complex partial seizures. I saw him most recently for a checkup, as I haven't seen him in about 4 years. I had a bunch of questions, and he took the time to answer them all while ensuring I understood and asked if I had followups, even though the waiting room was full. It can be alarming to read some of the comments here, so I urge you to enter into your appointment with him with an unbiased opinion. Everyone has different experiences and different kinds of baggage. If you're kind, I'm sure he'll return the favour like he did with me :)

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

This guys is a totally nutcase. He has no sympathy, he is NOT at all professional and he's completely crazy. He yelled at my mother when she asked him a simple question, he gleefully pointed out my MS lesions on my MRI, he said he would only get me in sooner if the test results indicated MS and didn't follow through. Here I was thinking I was totally ok only to have my diagnosis dropped on me and in a COMPLETELY unprofessional manner. Also, like someone else said, his receptionist needs a serious attitude adjustment!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I've been seeing neurologists ovet 30 years. I've been frustrated, "wanting answers" to something that may only be known conclusively with an autopsy-- doctors are not gods or magicians. Tests have been negative, I guess that's good news for me. After reading a lot of these reviews I just realized it's dangerous that patients can publicly say such horrible things anonymously. We need to stop projecting onto others about how things "should be" or how "we should be treated" because I'm inclined to believe a lot of folks are in pain and probably don't speak or treat others with common courtesy-- can't imagine being a doctor, stuck in an office for a 1/2 hour with them.. We, as individuals, are most responsible for our health and being nasty to others creates ongoing negative energy-- maybe the universe is providing us with the opportunity to BE better people.. I am grateful for the professional treatment from Dr. Crisp and my husband can provide the warm fuzzy support. As for the receptionist, I couldn't function, let alone spend the majority of my day, in such an enclosed space with only fluorescent lighting.. perhaps we can extend a bit if kindness that way too 😊

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

He has been my dr for years and is very kind and actually spends time with you to make sure that you understand what is going on with you

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Do not use this doctor. 3 referals sent to his office over 10 months 5 seizures later no apointment. Call office to inquire why. What a mistake. That secratary needs an attitude adjustment

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I saw Dr crisp years ago when my other neurologist retired, he spent 20 minutes squinting at previous files and announced I needed more tests! Had recently had MRI, CAT scan etc, but he wanted his own. Tested showed nothing (as previously) and he seemed disappointed! He put me on meds for migraines I had been on before and and quipped with a smirk "cheer up the migraine should go away when you hit menopause!" I was 25 yes old!!! I cried for a week! Asked my family Dr for another referral to someone else who took things more seriously and was much more understanding of how debilitating this is in my life. Unfortunately that Dr move and I had to once again see Dr Crisp years later. After asking what I was taking now and again wanting tons of tests for a chronic long term well documented condition. Again nothing new in results, and again he seemed disappointed! Then the most bizarre conversation occurred. He asked me what I wanted him to do?!!!! I asked him to change my meds to prevent migraines, perhaps back to something that had previously worked. He said, and I quote: " some people are just 'hard core' and there is just nothing we can do for them. You have to learn to manage."!! I couldn't believe he was washing his hands of me because he could find nothing physiologically wrong that he could do something with! I went back to my family Dr and ask for a second referral after telling him of the visit. I now see a terrific neurologist in Scarborough who is willing to try new therapies and is not willing to just give up! Dr Crisp is outdated, behind the times and has no compassion for the patients he sees! In my opinion he should have retired years ago!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

I had my first encounter with Dr. Crisp and I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on here... And all I can say is it went well considering the circumstances. He was very kind, and patient, and encouraged me to tell him as much info as I could etc... He is a little socially awkward but I don't see any problem with that. He made eye contact with me, he spoke kindly to me, and you can tell he CARES. The secretary over the phone has a very... cold demeanor. In person, it's like she suddenly becomes a whole different person: friendly, caring, polite etc... I'll see how my follow up appointment goes after all my test results come back, but as of now, I only have good things to say about him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Unfortunately we usually find ourselves at the Neurologists office under less than desireable circumstances. I'm thankful to have been referred to Dr. Crisp in the fall of 2016. He has been thorough in his treatment of me and I find him to be pleasant, knowledgeable and more than happy to answer questions.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

My brief less than ½ hr. experience/encounter with Doc. Crisp a few yrs back while in hospital in the Stroke Unit initially treated for stroke and administer TPA was and has been life impacting, traumatizing, life changing & devastating to say the least. And not only to me, but to the many personal individuals in my life in support love care and concern for my well being. With the realistic adverse past, present and future effects that has, have and continue to result in my health well being and recovery being extremely compromised. A continuum 100% attributed to the medical ongoing nightmare challenges treatment and constant road blocks I endure as far as my ongoing attempts in being able to obtain any non-prejudicial medical support to enhance any chance of recovery I may have that will look beyond Dr. Crisps quick to label judge and throw out a diagnoses, just to say/write something, anything because he can. That is the foundational route reason and cause for these never ending roadblocks to obtaining further medical support! I found Doc. Crisps fashion action attitude demeanor and behavior to be demeaning, demoralizing, dismissive, confrontational, and dis-respective, with no thought care mannerism or genuine concern to the human that sits before him “Me”. Quick to label, judge, misdiagnose, then simply walk away. After a great deal of thought time reflection and consideration to attend an upcoming referral made while recently in hospital for now back and neck deterioration most likely from being wheelchair bound past few years with little to no medical support or choice of my own resources or options no thanks to his dismissive destructive impacting misdiagnoses This upcoming apt happened to be with Dr. Crisp. I have concluded that due to what I believe to perceive as "Personal Conflictual Past History" between Doc. C & self that has resulted in the status of my life, health, well being, recovery and treatment within the medical health system from ever being able to be obtained: that even in my present need and urgency of health care being required to address the adverse effects due to lack of the much needed medical support required when I had my stroke a few years back...I believe whole heartedly it would be more productive to either continue to seek an alternative referral elsewhere, than to subject my need out of now being bedridden for the most part (adverse effects), and desperate for help than to attend this appointment and risk any further detriment to my health well being and recovery. Dr. Crisps in my experience and opinion is quick to judge label pick a random convenient diagnoses, put it down on paper sign off on it with no regard for patient care or quality of life than he is to explore and do further investigation or treat present condition with appropriate referrals. For me his actions come with "No" thought care concern mannerism or consequences as to the well being or recovery of his patient! Just simply a quick buck $350 for less than a half hour seen and his name on a paper that for me has become the detriment of my overall health well being and recovery As no doctor yet to be seen even with health issues now progressing to my detriment will look beyond what Doc Crisps "quick to label and judge" report states. Far too many unnecessary deaths occurring at the hands of what I am coming to perceive as incompetent questionable care with doctors not doing further investigation, non-accountable and piggy backing off other doctor’s reports than actually seeing listening or respecting the patients before them. They and not all appear to be fast acting quick to judge and use Stress and or imagination as reasons to avoid admitting they don’t know or investigating further. So if you weren’t stressed or traumatized before at least in my own case and experience with Doc Crisp sadly I am now while I continue to with limited choices and options fight for my life and strive towards my recovery now not just from the stroke, but from all the adverse physical affects my body has endured since being dismissed and looked down upon thereafter from the medical field of any support thanks to the less than ½ hour it took this doc to walk into my hospital room, devastate and dismiss my life health and well being and walk out. I am respectful prayerful and hopeful that this may not be everyone’s experience and I am just simply sharing my experience and truth without prejudice

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Wow, where to start? I saw Dr. Crisp as a result of me asking my Dr. for a second opinion. I was unfortunate enough to have been sent to Dr. Somchai first. My first impression of Dr Crisp was that he was socially awkward - not uncommon for really intelligent people, but it made me uncomfortable. He would talk to me, but look all over the room and not at me. No eye contact was ever made. During my appointment he made a diagnosis that had no concrete evidence. I had had a seizure and was being diagnosed as epileptic. As you can guess, I had lost my license too. Despite the scans (CT and MRI) not being definitive, he was still quick to have me on seizure control medication. I questioned him extensively about what could cause seizures (illness, stress, brain trauma etc.) I felt like he had it in his head that because I had head trauma some years before, this seizure could be non other than epilepsy. During teh time of seizure, I was under an enormous amount of stress (home, work, financial, mental etc.). This stress was far more than I've had in the past and I'm positive that this seizure was a by product of he stress. DR. Crisp would not consider this as valid and continued to label me epileptic. It's very discouraging as I've known friends who had multiple seizures and they are told it's all stress related. Is it not possible that I too can have the same reaction? According to Dr. Crisp, I have a hole in my head - yet he won't show me any imaging to prove it! Very condescending and secretive with 'photo's, scan etc.' . I didn't appreciate the things he called me while in his office - not so professional in my opinion. I hope he enjoys retirement while I try to get to the truth.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016