Ratings for Dr. David Crisp

Dr Crisp's receptionist is one of the worst I've ever dealt with - literally never answers the phone, doesn't return messages, and unpredictable moods. Dr Crisp himself was comical, told a lot of silly jokes and made me chuckle. Problem is, although he'd diagnosed me before I left his office, he'd also dismissed several of my symptoms. And when I tried questioning him about those symptoms, he just shrugged his shoulders and made another joke. Given that I'd received a different diagnosis from a previous doctor, it left me not knowing what to think or believe. Seems like a nice man, but I wouldn't see him again.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I have been having epileptic seizures since I was 16 years old and am now in my 30's. I have seen many neurologists and just saw Dr. T Crisp this past 2018. He is phenomenal! If you can get referred to him I highly recommend him! He has wonderful beside manners and takes the time to educate you on the medication you are taking. He also suggested online resources so that I could further my research on the medication he prescribed. If you are seeking a Neurologist, I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I've seen Dr. Crisp a few times over the past 12 years and he has always been very kind and informative. I saw him first when I was 16, a little scared of course after being diagnosed with complex partial seizures. I saw him most recently for a checkup, as I haven't seen him in about 4 years. I had a bunch of questions, and he took the time to answer them all while ensuring I understood and asked if I had followups, even though the waiting room was full. It can be alarming to read some of the comments here, so I urge you to enter into your appointment with him with an unbiased opinion. Everyone has different experiences and different kinds of baggage. If you're kind, I'm sure he'll return the favour like he did with me :)

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

This guys is a totally nutcase. He has no sympathy, he is NOT at all professional and he's completely crazy. He yelled at my mother when she asked him a simple question, he gleefully pointed out my MS lesions on my MRI, he said he would only get me in sooner if the test results indicated MS and didn't follow through. Here I was thinking I was totally ok only to have my diagnosis dropped on me and in a COMPLETELY unprofessional manner. Also, like someone else said, his receptionist needs a serious attitude adjustment!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I've been seeing neurologists ovet 30 years. I've been frustrated, "wanting answers" to something that may only be known conclusively with an autopsy-- doctors are not gods or magicians. Tests have been negative, I guess that's good news for me. After reading a lot of these reviews I just realized it's dangerous that patients can publicly say such horrible things anonymously. We need to stop projecting onto others about how things "should be" or how "we should be treated" because I'm inclined to believe a lot of folks are in pain and probably don't speak or treat others with common courtesy-- can't imagine being a doctor, stuck in an office for a 1/2 hour with them.. We, as individuals, are most responsible for our health and being nasty to others creates ongoing negative energy-- maybe the universe is providing us with the opportunity to BE better people.. I am grateful for the professional treatment from Dr. Crisp and my husband can provide the warm fuzzy support. As for the receptionist, I couldn't function, let alone spend the majority of my day, in such an enclosed space with only fluorescent lighting.. perhaps we can extend a bit if kindness that way too 😊

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

He has been my dr for years and is very kind and actually spends time with you to make sure that you understand what is going on with you

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Do not use this doctor. 3 referals sent to his office over 10 months 5 seizures later no apointment. Call office to inquire why. What a mistake. That secratary needs an attitude adjustment

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I saw Dr crisp years ago when my other neurologist retired, he spent 20 minutes squinting at previous files and announced I needed more tests! Had recently had MRI, CAT scan etc, but he wanted his own. Tested showed nothing (as previously) and he seemed disappointed! He put me on meds for migraines I had been on before and and quipped with a smirk "cheer up the migraine should go away when you hit menopause!" I was 25 yes old!!! I cried for a week! Asked my family Dr for another referral to someone else who took things more seriously and was much more understanding of how debilitating this is in my life. Unfortunately that Dr move and I had to once again see Dr Crisp years later. After asking what I was taking now and again wanting tons of tests for a chronic long term well documented condition. Again nothing new in results, and again he seemed disappointed! Then the most bizarre conversation occurred. He asked me what I wanted him to do?!!!! I asked him to change my meds to prevent migraines, perhaps back to something that had previously worked. He said, and I quote: " some people are just 'hard core' and there is just nothing we can do for them. You have to learn to manage."!! I couldn't believe he was washing his hands of me because he could find nothing physiologically wrong that he could do something with! I went back to my family Dr and ask for a second referral after telling him of the visit. I now see a terrific neurologist in Scarborough who is willing to try new therapies and is not willing to just give up! Dr Crisp is outdated, behind the times and has no compassion for the patients he sees! In my opinion he should have retired years ago!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

I had my first encounter with Dr. Crisp and I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on here... And all I can say is it went well considering the circumstances. He was very kind, and patient, and encouraged me to tell him as much info as I could etc... He is a little socially awkward but I don't see any problem with that. He made eye contact with me, he spoke kindly to me, and you can tell he CARES. The secretary over the phone has a very... cold demeanor. In person, it's like she suddenly becomes a whole different person: friendly, caring, polite etc... I'll see how my follow up appointment goes after all my test results come back, but as of now, I only have good things to say about him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Unfortunately we usually find ourselves at the Neurologists office under less than desireable circumstances. I'm thankful to have been referred to Dr. Crisp in the fall of 2016. He has been thorough in his treatment of me and I find him to be pleasant, knowledgeable and more than happy to answer questions.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017