Ratings for Dr. Thomas L. Gillespie

Very clean office. Friendly staff. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

After going to see three other surgeons I have decided to let Dr. Gillespie proceed with my operation. I have great faith the operation will go well.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Minimal pain from my inguinal hernia repair. Back to work in 3 days. Started working out in a week.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

I really want let Dr. Gillespie know how appreciative of all he has done. I had multiple surgeries on my abdomen and had many hernia repairs. Unfortunately I had a recurrence of my hernia. I was referred to another surgeon who thankfully referred me to Dr. Gillespie. First he performed a colonoscopy because it was over 10 years since I had my last one. He found a big precancerous polyp. He fixed my hernia by doing a muscle separation technique with mesh. I do sit-ups now! - JUST THANK YOU

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

Absolutely the best experience I have ever had. Thanks.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. Gillespie is relatively young but he reminds me of a good old fashion doctor. The kind of doctor I use to watch growing up on TV. I feel and believe he would fight any battle for me. He is tough as nails but at the same time you can feel his love. As you can see I care as much for him as he cares for me.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Not pleased at all. Going through pure misery since my surgery and that staff of surgeons could care less. They are good surgeons but once they cut you it is like you become a nuisance to them. I hav follow up appointments which I am cancelling and going to another surgeon can hopefully take time and figure out why I am going through torture with this.

Submitted October 28, 2014

I really like the cleanliness and the efficiency of the office. I was roomed quickly and saw my doctor within 15 minutes. He spent enough time with me that I felt all my questions were answered. Surgery went well. Sam him a few weeks after surgery. No problems.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I have had Dr. G as I call him operate on me, my mom and my husband. Quite frankly he knows my whole family. He knows my kids and asks about them. Ask him to show you a picture of his child and he lights up. Beyond that, he's just so nice and caring. Really explains things to me. I don't understand why he is always on time yet gives me all the time I need. No hand on the door handle. Given I underwent major surgery, I really appreciate the "education" he gave me and his entourage. His students and residents represent his values. They look up to him. Never thought I needed a professor of surgery, probably didn't but his passion for surgery is clear in how he teaches . His staff look up to him too.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Its hard to figure out from these reviews if you are getting a good surgeon or not. All I can say is that I felt I was getting state of the art care from a compassionate physician.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Thomas L. Gillespie's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1995)