Ratings for Dr. Wendy Alexander

Blamed all my childs issues on a "milk allergy" (she 100% does not have one). Blamed my sons autism on not using a different brand of formula. Refused to listen to my issue (my daughter consistently projectile vomiting after every feed). I believed she had reflux. Went for a second opinion and there is no milk allergy, there is reflux. Dr Alexander refused to consider any other possibility or even do testing to prove her hypothesis. Pleased I got a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Very smart. Thorough. Kind. Patient!!! Love her :) and fabulous with kids

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Alexander is rude and disrespectful and should never work with children or parents ever. She blames anything medical on milk and makes parents feel inadequate.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

She was mean not blunt just mean and rude I am asking for a second opinion she did not value my opinion just told me over and over how bad of a parent I am for the decision I am making about my child perhaps she is good for physical illnesses but my child's developmental issues she is passive and ignorant

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Alexander's for years. She is simply amazing. She is caring and takes a genuine interest in all of her patients AND their families. I especially appreciate her honesty and willingness to do ANYTHING to advocate for her patients. A better doctor is not to be found.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

No need to sugar coat when it comes to health. Wendy has been following my daughters health for all of her 2 years of life and she is nothing short than amazing. I don't want to be cottled as a parent...I want to know straight up what's going on. She tells it like it is and doesn't waste anyone's time. I've never waited more than 10 minutes to see her and the waiting room (and front yard) has more than enough to keep my girl happy. Shelly, the receptionist, is warm and inviting and is one smart cookie. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I agree with a previous comment. She puts down other doctors. I too find this behavior arrogant and unprofessional. She has a self important attitude. I think the clinic that she works in should lose their accreditation as it does not offer what other CF Canadian clinics offer. She holds not value in the opinions of other health care providers.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Great doctor can be very blunt and to the point but she's awesome , knows her stuff n helpful And her receptionist is super

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

The first few experiences I had with Dr Alexander were wonderful, however recently I had taken my son to the ER when he had an extremely high fever, throwing up and bad headaches. He has a shunt and we've been told by the doctor's at the IWK to bring him in when he has those symptoms. Well she was so rude to me she even referred to my way of thinking as dysfunctional. She said she didn't know why I brought him in and now the other doctor that was in ER put him on an antibiotic and shouldn't have and now we have to be admitted. Even when I had the good experiences with her she always talked down to or about the other doctors/nurses which I find is very unprofessional. I was not impressed I would have told her off had I not had laryingitis at the time.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr Alexander is a wonderful doctor. She is very honest and straight to the point. She cares about the children and their well being. She is one of a kind, and a great choice. More doctors should be like Wendy!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015