Ratings for Dr. A Mare

Dr Mare is a fantastic doctor. He takes time to answer questions and is very thorough in his examinations.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. Mare is fantastic. He answers questions and his check-ups are always thorough. He has a good sense of humor, but doesn't make light of things you feel are important. The wait times are long, but that would be at any clinic! Remember, if you don't like a doctor, you can always quit and find a new one...good luck with that! ;)

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

First off the staff are friendly but it is a busy office with so many doctors there, but I find them to be friendly and engaging. Yes the waits can be long and it can be frustrating but these days I think its part and parcel of seeing a doctor - I have not found it to be different anywhere else. I disagree with the statements made that Dr Mare doesn't refer to specialists - that hasn't been my experience at all - in fact after not feeling to sure of a diagnosis from a dermatologist he sent me to - he referred me to another one for a second opinion. I have been scared of Doctor's my entire life - not with Dr Mare - I actually am shocked that some criticize his bedside manner as I find him hilarious - but maybe some struggle with the direct nature. I find him to be thorough honest and knowledgeable. I cannot stress how honest he can be - and sometimes its a hard pill to swallow but I'd take the truth over aversion any day. I am honestly very thankful that he is my Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

A to the point, by the book, and test thoroughly doc. I like his sense of humour but others may not. He says things in an odd way eg. you owe me 29 pounds, again I like it. I really wish he had checked the right dosage for a med: created a condition that has gone on more than 6 months & counting. He is quick to acknowledge progress in lifestyle changes and never hectors. Bottom line: competent and caring.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Very knowledgeable and concerned. Has a very thorough approach to the point of running tests again. He makes a point of of being proactive but does not bully me into meds I feel are not worth the side effects. Keep it up Doc.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

He does not like to refer you to a specialist, he has no bed side manner, no compassion whatsoever. He would yell at me and drive me to tears. I do not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I would say that Dr.Mare is an average physician. Although he is yes,charming, he hesitates to take certain actions for patients at times, particularly in the setting of referrals. I agree with the other comments on here, the wait times are slightly ridiculous and the multiple visits just to get blood work and a physical is irritating. Some staff are nice but for the most part they usually ignore you for a good 30 sec before they decide to awknowledge your presence while you are standing right in front of them at the front desk.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I have always had great service with Dr Mare. He always has my best interest in mind and will do all the necessary tests to confirm any issues I am having.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

On her last visit, my mother-in-law was asked to hand the receptionist a card when making her next appt. She did so and the appt was made. Today, she went in for her 2:30pm appt and was seen at 3:45pm. When the doctor saw her he said he couldn't see her today as she was only scheduled for a 10 min appt. He asked if she gave the receptionist the card, which specified a 20 min appt, and she said yes. He told her that she needed to make another appt and couldn't help her today. Every time she goes to the doctor she waits at least 40 min to well over an hour to be seen. She lives 35 minutes from the doctor's office and needs to be driven to the appointments as she doesn't drive and there isn't any bus service. I ask you how is it ok to wait 1 hour 15 minutes and then by told that you have to come back for something that wasn't your fault???? He should have had the courtesy to see her and deal with his staff. Where is the CUSTOMER SERVICE?????

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

My experience is that staff service and punctuality is above average at this clinic. Dr Mare has a nice personality and is quite through in his diagnosis. I would definately recommend this doctor to others.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012