Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Maher

I waited a month to get an appointment and had never been to this office before. On my way to the office (I was about 2 blocks away) I called to say I would be a few minutes late. I was put on hold and told that I would have to reschedule and that I would be charged for a missed appointment. I went to the appointment anyway and was 8 minutes late. I was treated rudely by the office staff. I finally got to see the doctor but observed a couple of office staff whispering to each other about me. The only reason I went to this cardiologist is because I read that he specialized in patients with HIV. When I asked the doctor about this he skirted the issue. I believe that the reason I was treated so rudely was because of my HIV status. I was treated like a second class citizen and will never return to that office again.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

Dr. Michael S. Maher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Maher received his undergraduate degree elected to Phi Beta Kappa academic honors society from the University of Oklahoma in 1981. He completed his medical training in 1985 as a member of Alpha Omega Alpha medical honors society. He spent three years in residency training in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center in New York. Dr. Maher completed an additional three years of Cardiovascular Disease training at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York and has completed additional training in diagnostic cardiac catheterization and carotid vascular ultrasound. In July 1992, he moved to Phoenix and entered into private practice. He is board certified in Internal Medicine as well as Cardiovascular Diseases. He is a member of the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Echocardiography. He is designated as a Fellow in the American College of Cardiology.

• English
  • Spanish

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Amerigroup