Ratings for Dr. Jatin Shah

Quite possibly the worst doctor I have ever seen! My meeting with Dr. Jatin B Shah was very frustrating and a complete waste of my time. Arrived at 7:10 for 7:15 apt., I filled out paperwork then the P.A. admitted me at 7:30 , took my blood pressure then left. The P.A. said Dr. Shaw would see me shortly on the way out. 45 minutes later after staring at the wall, Dr. Shah shows up nonchalantly and does not greet me or introduce himself. He logs on his computer in the room. Next he begins dictating for adding a new patient on his computer and says, “How may I help you”? I thought to myself “Are you serious” but kept my cool. This is a total disrespect for a patient, not feeling well in hopes of getting care. First of all, because he is a specialist I had to book an appointment with him a month out to see him. I was offended by his tardiness and disrespect for humanity when I did get to see him. I realize that I am not a VIP patient, but punctuality and common courtesy goes a long way. Which he doesn’t have one ounce of. Next, my primary Doctor went through the trouble of sending in my multiple blood test, MRI and CT scan reports to him, which I verified that the front desk had received a month in advance when I checked in. As a Specialist and a Professional I would have expected him to review this information and address it upon our meeting. As a professional airline pilot, I always do preparation work before every flight that I don’t get paid for and it’s a necessary step to assure safety for the flight and passengers. I don’t ever skip this step because I’m feeling “Lazy”. Dr. Shah skipped this vital step because he’s lazy and unprofessional. I hate to be so harsh, but this is not what I expect from a professional neurologist after waiting a month so see. Next to come from Dr. Shah, is lack of courtesy and unprofessionalism. Now he asked about my symptoms not because he was checking them against my records because he knew nothing about me, not even my name. So we progress and I tell him one symptom, and he tells me to pause. Then he turns his back to me and dictates what I just said to his computer. This goes on for quite a while and was very awkward and impersonal. Then after providing him with all the symptoms, I had to give him a copy of my blood reports and MRI and CT scan, because he never reviewed these. Next he took my brain scan cd and put it into his computer and said everything looks ok. Well, yes I already know that! My Primary care physician already confirmed that a month ago. The real question is why I am getting these headaches. His response is you need to see another specialist about that. So, in summary Dr. Jatin B Shah the Neurologist in many Phoenix, Arizona locations is Lazy, unprepared, unprofessional, impersonal, condescending, disrespectful and unpunctual and passes the buck because he didn’t do any preparation. He is not a professional fit to have earned the name Doctor. Needless to say I will never be returning to see him again and I don’t recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

This doctor was very rude and unprofessional. After doing all the tests he ordered I came back to get the results and he wouldn't go into detail with anything. Cut me off when I was trying to get more information and then actually told me "find another doctor". I couldn't believe it!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013