Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey R. Lisse

Dr. Lisse was the worst Dr. I have ever seen. After having severe symptoms of RA for 2 years to where I could barely move he continually looked only at my blood work saying that I was faking it. I was in a walker when I got to my next Rheumatologist that started me on Methotrexate and I started to feel normal within a month. I had continually asked Lisse to try anything as I was in so much pain. BTW: it took 4 years before my blood work started to show the evidence he wanted. When did Dr's stop looking at the swelling and mangled joints as a factor. If you have Serum Negative RA - get a different Dr. because all he will do is say, "Lets wait and see how your blood work looks in 3 months".

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Lisse for over 13 years. I have been satisfied overall. He has helped to keep my Crohn's Disease and accompanying arthritis in the right track. He's very friendly and a good listener and is generally proactive.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Excellent doctor! I have been seeing Dr. Lisse for many years for Behcet's. He is knowledgeable and has prescribed the best treatment to keep my disease in check.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Lisse is hands-down the best rheumatologist I have encountered since my diagnosis with rheumatoid arthritis 15 years ago.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Not my type. He is very nice and jokes with you. Is that why others rate him so highly-they *feel* cared about? But to me he was just an alleviate-the-symptoms kind of doc. when i wasn't thrilled with the idea of taking tramedol or other meds, he asked me (nicely of course) what I was doing there. Not really interested in blood tests or their trends. He had me put on a gown, but his minimal looking at a couple of joints didn't require that at all. did test for hyperextension which hurt and was unnecessary; glanced at lymph nodes but did not palpate. Fine with me, but why the gown? and this was a first visit I waited 5 months for! I got the sense he made assumptions: "been there, seen that" w/o really checking if they apply to me. ON the plus side, I do think he is quite knowlegeble, if he used that for good...and if someone's bloodtests don't show up, he would treat you anyway-which i know for some is a relief. Treats sympotms, not blood tests. Coffee date, yes, doc no!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr. Lisse is a wonderful doctor. Not only is he knowledgeable, he knows exactly how to use his knowledge to help his patients. In my somewhat complicated case, unlike other rheumatologists before him, he did not stop trying until he had me cured. He has compassion and sincerely cares about his patients. I do not wish anyone a disease of the autoimmune system, but - for those who may be unfortunate that way - Dr. Lisse is the man to see. He gave me my life back. Thanks a million, Dr. Lisse

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr. Lisse is an amazing doctor. I wish more doctors would provide the level of service that he did. His follow-up is incredible and he seems to truly give his best to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey R. Lisse's Credentials

• French

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)