Ratings for Dr. Reena Eapen-John

Dr. Reena Eapen-John has been my doctor for over 15 years and she basically saved my life. She is very very experienced and knowledgeable. She tells it to you straight and makes you think of every possible outcome so you are not surprised. She is very caring and takes the time to make sure you are able to deal with life both mentally and physically. If you want someone to just give you drugs or other prescriptions then go to the walk-in clinic. If you want someone who will save your life then invest in Dr. Eapen-John.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr. Eapen-John is unprofessional. When I asked her for birth control she told me to "practice abstinence" She also disclosed personal medical information to my parents. I also find her uncomfortable to talk to. she seems to be more concerned about sending you for tests than anything else. These things constitute professional negligence and fraud. If anyone else is having these kinds of issues with this doctor I encourage you to file a complaint at cpso.on.ca lets be proactive and do something about this doctor who is unfit to pratice!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Dr.Reena Epean John is a very good doctor. She takes her time with patients and is very thorough. If she has a slight concern she will send you for more checkups/speacilists. I would recommend her to anyone however she is not taking new patients.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Most rudest Dr. i have ever seen. Very bad customer service and not flexible for patients with appointment timing etc. Not a recommendable Dr.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr. Reena Eapen-John is an educated and committed doctor. Unlike many doctors she is in a position to limit her clientele and thus get to know them and care for them in a more thorough way. She leaves nothing to chance. I thank God that she follows-up appointments with any needed tests as this was how we were able to detect thyroid cancer in my sister at an early stage. She challenges me to be proactive in my care for myself. Waiting times are incredible compared to my previous physician. Because she is certified to provide counselling you get a doctor who helps to take care of mind, body and soul (do you know she prays for her patients)? I strongly recommend that if you are looking for a 10 minute doctor's appointment with a physician that will not make any attempt to get to know you-do not see Dr. Eapen-John. As for not being able to leave messages. This is an example of someone who has boundaries. Have always been able to make and cancel appointments. Patients need patience!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

Dr Reena is the best kind of doctor you can have as your family physician. She is very thorough, takes her time & doesn't make you feel like she is rushing you. She goes over every report with you in a detailed manner & always gives sound medical advice on how to improve your overall health. There is marked improvment in her staff and in punctuality with appointments. Dr Reena is very accomodating with follow-up appointments and is willng to fit you into her schedule, early in the morning so that you do not have to miss a whole day or half day from work. I feel very blessed to have her as my family doctor & feel very comfortable with her knowing she is extremely thorough. I just don't get ow some people say she is rude - yes, she is direct and tells it like it is, but isn't that what you want from your doctor rather than sugar-coated discussions? I find her very pleasant to deal with and have a great rapport with her. I highly recommend her, if anyone is looking for a doctor!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Dr Eapan John is amazing, my family and I lov eher the only problem is that I have been denied insurance because they checked with her on history and because she writes everything down even the trivial things that you might have been concerned about 4 years ago yet nothing ever happend and for this reason the insurance company has denied me insurance. I think she should only document confirmed illnesses and not what you might be worried about or yoru concerns. These could be construed out of context by the insurance companies when they request information.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

When she just started there was no problem getting an appointment and her being on time. Now she has too many patients - its is very hard to get an appnt within a reasonable time and when you do have an appnt you have to wait over an hour. She always jumps to comclusions - assuming you have cancer or a tumuor and is annoyingly writing everything down. She also always is 'counselling patients' meaning she books counselling sessions and has regular appnts. There are times when she has 1 patient in the room - speaks to them for an hour then comes out and brings the kid in for a while and then comes back out and brings the husband in. The last time I was there I waited over 2 hours for my appointment. I needed some forms filled out for work and she charged me $175!!!!!!!!! and it was just one page. I have since changed doctors and do not reccommended this doctor at all!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

I don't know if she is thorough...but she is always in a hurry.I don't find her happy.Never helpful when you consult her.Never accept any suggestions.She is very keen on writting down everything you say...May be to protect her???I avoid going to her for anything other than my physicals.Always exaggerate and jump to serious conclusions like cancer.I find most of the doctors are pleasant and helpful but never her.I'm hoping to find an other doctor soon.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr. E-J is rude, and made me believe I was possibly very sick and had me so worried. She order so many unrequired tests and has a horrible bedside manner. I have thought of reporting her. Her receptionist is rude...you are unable to leave a voicemail and then even though you can;t get through or leave a message they charge you for missing an appointment - even if you tried to call. I would NOT receommend this doctor. I am trying to find a new one.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009