Ratings for Dr. David J. Mickus

I was a patient of Dr. Mickus for 5 years. Afte complaining about ear pain, excessive mucus production for months he pumped my body full antibiotics. I had no ear infections, I referred myelf to an ENT, I had Larynx Esophagael acid reflux (mucus) and I was grinding my teeth...I had TMJ. One time I had blood in my urine and a kidney infection, he never referred me to a urologist or did further tests, I kept going back because I wasn't feeling well, I had 3 kidney stones fused together and ended up having emergency surgery. I referred myself to a urologist. This guy got it wrong so many times...I moved on and got a new doctor and I am getting awesome care. If you doubt your diagnosis, get another opinion, I am glad I did!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Dr. Mickus is fantastic. His office staff is the weak link. They show no concern for emergencies or follow ups. I called to follow up on a fax from my PT and they act as if I am an inconvenience. Very disappointed. The PT then called and they told her they do have time to talk to her. I called again at the end of the day to see if they received the necessary information they asked for and they said to call again in 24 hours.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

My husband and I were referred to Dr. Mickus by a friend after I changed jobs (and insurance) and needed a new primary. We absolutely loved our prior PCP, but insurance dictated we had to change. My husband has complex medical conditions and feels very satisfied with both the doctor's treatment and staff. I myself find Dr. Mickus intelligent and up to date (not all physicians are all that keen), but more importantly I feel he listens carefully to the history I give of a specific problem and THINKS before advising treatment. No cookie-cutter medicine there.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

While in general I like Dr. Mickus and find him to be a competent physician, I echo reports that he can be dismissive, and my bigger pet peeve is the simple inability to get an appointment in any reasonable time frame. After nearly four years as a patient, I've come to the conclusion it's time to get a new PCP.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Excellent DR. have never had a more responsive, informative doctor. My entire family goes to DR. Mickus. The staff are wonderful, kind, responsive, helpful. I would tell anyone to go to this doctor. The reason he handles one problem at a time is so you do not have to wait for him. I get seen RIGHT AWAY.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I have found him to be a great doctor, though not as accessible as my children's pediatrician. He does prescribe to alleviate symptoms, while I would prefer more testing to figure out the problem and resolve it, but I couldn't say if that is because insurance dictates what he can do in that area or not. I didn't have problems with his staff. They were very nice and helpful (I try to be really nice...they are dealing with sick people all day). I didn't have problems with asking him lots of questions. I do trust his opinion, even though I may not be happy about his suggested course of treatment. I've also recovered from everything for which I have been treated by him. I also love that he can send off my prescriptions no waiting at Walgreen's that way.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Great doctor. have been a patient for 15 years, and trust him totally. Very helpful

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

This doctor will not allow you to see him for more than one condition at a time. I was seeing him for an issue and mentioned the some dry skin on my face and he wave visibly ANNOYED. He did give me a cream for it but it was then that I decided to never see him again. The staff at East Valley Primary care where he works was also very rude.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Dr. Mickus is horrible and his staff is even worse. We just pulled our records and are going somewhere else. You can never talk to him when you need him and he never lets you talk about what is going on, he assumes and tells you to stop talking, I'm talking now. The women that work the phones are the worst I have ever dealt with, they should take some classes in public relations or get a job working in a subway because they have 0 people skills. We are leaving Dr. Mickus because his rudeness and his staffs. Don't make the same mistake we did.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Good Doctor but will not take the time to even call in a prescription. If you want a prescription or need a form filled out for insurance you must schedule and appointment. He provides the worst service I have ever seen from any doctor I have visited.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. David J. Mickus's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Massachusetts