Ratings for Dr. Shannon Howe

I am highly disenchanted with this doctor and office. Firstly, the staff at this office has no bed side manner, and is EXTREMELY rude. The woman who answered actually argued, and laughed at me. When I finally spoke to her boss, after heated conversation mind you, I received better attention. However, I was no less than disappointed with the Physician herself who refused to see me based solely on the fact that I do not have a Primary Care Physician. Note, I have one of the most elite health insurance plans in the country, that just so happens NOT to require patients to have a primary care physician; we can seek out specialists as necessary. That being said, while I don't have a PCP, I have months worth of medical records from 2 specialists that would have provided more than enough basis for this doctor to see me. In fact, a trip to a PCP wouldn't have yielded anywhere near what the specialists did. Both this doctor and staff need a dose of humility. I am very well networked in Tucson, and will absolutely be dissuading EVERYONE I know from this office.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Howe is an exceptional Rheumatologist. I have been a patient for over 10 years. She takes the time to not only listen, but to actually solicit more details about my symptoms, pain levels, effectiveness of treatments--including considerations to diet, exercise, and sleep. Treatment solutions (meds, PT, etc.) are always discussed fully to answer any questions or concerns I may have. When I first began treatment with Dr. Howe, I was extremely limited in many of the physical activities that are part of normal daily life. Dr. Howe tried a few key meds, including combinations, to find the solution that worked best in treating my disease. I am now so fortunate to be in a very tolerable treatment plan that allows me to perform at work and enjoys activities with my family. Highest ratings for this exceptional, caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Extremely RUDE, huge EGO, terrible ATTITUDE, NO COMPASSION, BAD LISTENER, only HER opinion and/or words matters. I will NEVER go back to this Dr.! This had to have been the WORST experience I have EVER had with a Dr., just unbelievable the amount of arrogance she possess. Too bad too because I'd heard she is a great Dr...."medically" anyway, just missing her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

She was a bit stressful to deal with. Argumentative at times. Had a bad experience with her getting upset when I consulted another doctor as was requested by my employers and had to leave her because she would not allow second opinions w/o her prior approval.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Dr. Howe is the most caring compassionate Dr. I have ever been to. She always takes her time with you. She cares and ask about your overall healthcare. I have been her patient for almost nine yars. I highly recomend her!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Dr. Shannon Howe's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1989)