Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Waggoner

Dr. Stephen Waggoner is a great surgeon and knows his job. He tells you the truth, does not baby his patients and expects patients to LISTEN and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. Also if you are not serious and diligent about your PT you will not have a successful Total Knee Replacement. I was 65 and over weight at the time of my operation 2 years ago. I really dreaded it because it is such a grisly surgery (I over did the research I think). I finally gave up and was referred to Dr. W. by my Internist. If you are not prepared to work HARD at the physical therapy.......don't bother having the surgery. PT IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE SURGEON!!!!!! I had a great surgeon, and I took my PT seriously and worked hard. I did everything my PT said and everything my doctor said. I am now 2 years post op and I forget I have an artificial knee. I set off the alarm at the airport security last year because I forgot to mention my knee LOL !!! The operation and Dr. W are a blessing to me. 7/6/2017

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Recommended by my regular doctor. Dr. Waggoner is very professional and knows his business. However if you are looking for a jolly bedside manner look elsewhere. He does not sugar coat anything......honest and straight forward. Excellent surgeon....I questioned O.R. nurses who had worked with him. Do what he says and work HARD on your physical therapy!! I am a year post op total knee replacement. Dr. Waggoner changed my life. He is honest, kind and very skilled.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

We found the doctor very helpful and my surgery and recovery went better than expected. Liked his bedside manner and his staff was very supportive.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

he lies.sara lies.they dont call people back,my husband needed them 2get him into a pain clinic. the one they chose,said no.my husband calld dr waggoner that day and let him know that the clinic couldnt take him, that he was in alot of pain, he needed a perscription unil they got the clinic figured out. My husband is sweet.He left this same message everyday for over 2 weeks.NOONE CALLED HiM AND NOONE CALLED IN A painpills.he had surgery back in june.it hasnt gotten any better and DR waggoner is giving him the cold shoulder.He dosnt care about his paitients.neither does his assistant SARA. After the 16th day with no calls.I called them and went off on them and listed every bad thing they had done.Then i left the same message again (30min later)adding that they better call my husband before lunch or i would come to the office and make a scene.30 minutes after that Sara called my husband ,told him they wont give him medS &shed call back at 5.SHE DIDNT.and he IS ALWAYS 45MIN LATE& surgery

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Dr. is very distant and vague. Really was indecisive and left me feeling like he knew less than I did.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

This Doctor was unreasonable. He didn't listen to anything I complained about and took my intense pain as some kind of joke. I felt brushed off and un helped still in pain after leaving his office. His staff that works directly under him have issues with thier attitudes. I was very unhappy with my service from him and would like to warn anyone rather your on WC insurance or not to choose someone else to assist you.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Pt with poor surgical outcome labeled as "exaggerating pain" and "problem patient". This label causes wc pts big problems when seeking further medical help. I ask how do you know if pt experiences pain or not -- you don't -- and since you are paid by WC I have to wonder why you would write that comment in medical records. It would be very interesting to see how many other WC pts with pain also have that label!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Stephen M. Waggoner's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)