Ratings for Dr. William H. Sherwood

I see a psychiatrist for a panic disorder and depression. When I went to see Dr Sherwood he told me he disapproved of me taking amitryptiline. He said I needed to come off of those medications. He needs to understand people need help for mental as well as physical problems and he needs to learn to work with what other physicians have prescribed. He acted like I was a drug addict or like I in someway annoyed or disgusted him. I have suffered with mental illness all my adult life and I'm sorry Dr Sherwood - if your reading - I can not help it! I get physically sick too sometimes and need treatment for that. Have some compassion for crying out loud!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

This doctor made me sick. Literally. He put me on a Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. It was not helping and making me nervous. So, he increased the dosage and I started having heart palpations. So he schedules me for all kinds of heart tests when I told him I had NEVER had heart palpations before Levothyroxine and I asked him to try me on Armour Thyroid. He said no, why would I do that, it's not stable like the synthetic Levothyroxine so guess what he does? He reduces my Levothyroxine back to the original dose that didn't work at all for me! Then he had the gall to say that IF I continued to have trouble he has been known to give in and he MIGHT put me on Armour then. So he sent me home to remain sick! He also tried to say other medications I was on by a specialists for my nerves should be discontinued. He could care less about what his patience suffer. I regret ever having gone to him one time. He acts like he's afraid to prescribe anything. Kickbacks possibly?

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I believe that Dr.Sherwood is the best Dr.in Dekalb County.I have been his patient since his beginning in Dekalb.County.I have many health issues that are chronic,and take quite a few meds.There are other meds that I am allergic to,or react on me,and I can not take.I know I am safe in Dr.Sherwood's care.If a Specialist is needed,he will see to it that you have the best.He has a caring heart,and I don't know if he still does this,but he was the only Dr. in the county that made house calls!I recommend him,highly.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I like Dr.Sherwood, he does seem to busy but he does care and provides good service. His nurse Linda appears to be his biggest handicap, she is anything but professional, she acts in an unprofessional manner pretty much all the time, get past her and the good Dr. will do his best to help you. He has helped me as well as patients I have reffered him to.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

very good Family Doctor, no BS. If he doesn't know something or isn't 100% sure, he'll say so & then he will research it. Staff is good, no paperwork issues. Phlebotomist was chatty (with another nurse) missed the vein 1st try, kinda annoying...sad to say, that is very average lately.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. William H. Sherwood's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal