Ratings for Dr. Penny L. Knight

At age 59, I had my first gynecological exam with Dr. Penny. She and her staff made the exam and subsequent procedure as invasive-less as possible. Dr.Penny was referred to me by a younger friend. The referral was one that I am pleased to refer to others.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

i love doct knight. i had so many fears with my first child and she helped calm me down and feel very comfortable and worry free about everything. she answered all my questions very clearly and didnt treat me differently because i was over weight. i recommend doct knight to every woman that doesnt have an OB yet because she is the best doctor in my book. the wait time in her office never takes to long i can make an appointment in the middle of the day and still have time to get my shopping and cleaning done before my son gets out of daycare.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Terrible doctor and office manager!! Do not go here. You will wait for over an hour to be seen and not get helpful information.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Knight finished first in her UT Medical School class and did her residency at Ohio State University, one of the most prestigious OB/GYN programs in the country. She is well trained and thorough and dedicated to patient care.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

If you are overweight, do not go see Dr. Knight. She attributes everything to obesity (as well as looking at you like you're a leper). I have a new doctor now who knew right away what I have (same symptoms) and now am losing the extra weight thanks to him. I could have been in serious trouble had I not changed doctors.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. Knight's for 2 years. In Feb. 2007 I went to her for my annual gyn exam and expressed concern about a lump in my left breast. She told me it was nothing to worry about. I believed her (in retrospect, I think, because I wanted to--I was too trusting of Dr. Knight). When I went for my annual mammogram in Sept. 2007, I was referred to Knoxville Comprehensive Breast Clinic with suspected cancer. When I got copies of my files and films, I found my 2006 mammogram report stated I had a very suspicious mass in my left breast. Notes on the 2007 radiology report stated that Dr. Knight's nurse said that I had "refused treatment" in 2006. This was not true. Nothing was ever said about this 2006 mammogram then, or when I saw Dr. Knight about the palpable lump in Feb. 2007. I went to the UVA for a second opinion, where they found multiple cancerous masses in both my breasts. I had a double mastectomy in November 2007 and am doing fine now. My opinion? Stay far, far away.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

i love dr knight~! im pregnant with baby #4! shes the one that sees you and delivers your baby! her office is GREAT!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010

Dr. Penny L. Knight's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

AHC