Ratings for Dr. Hal Schofield

Dr. Scofield seemed knowledgeable about my condition.He was polite and seemed interested in what I had to say.He did try to push an SSRI for PTSD on me but backed off when he sensed I was feeling coerced into the rx.His bed-side manner was average.He referred to me by my last name and walked in front of me. However he did set my follow-ups with a very good resident. He did not listen to my concerns about the rx, only stating that SSRI's are first-line treatment for PTSD. Beware, the man types everything you say, which is in your records at the VA for any doctor to see. He was much better than the first psychiatrist I saw at the VA, but the resident I see know has an excellent bedside manner. I would reccomend Dr. Schofield.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

No matter how much information I gave him about my situation and symptoms, he kept repeating I wasn't telling him anything. I told him I couldn't sleep and he offered no suggestions on therapy or anything. He seemed very uncaring and unsympathetic to my problems. He insulted me constantly by inquiring into my finances several times. I basically told him my life story and he kept repeating the mantra that I wasn't telling him anything. He kept asking me why are you here? When I would tell him my symptoms he would say over and over again, " all you're giving me is a list of symptoms" even though I gave him specific incidents or experiences I have had. He admitted he was anxious toward me. Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Hal Schofield's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal