Ratings for Dr. Linda Gagnon

This woman treated me like i was a non-human. nuts.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Worst doctor you could possibly go to. She is terribly judgemental and quick to make assumptions without allowing you to finish speaking. She brings religion into her office (which in my opinion should be left out of medical practises) and forget talking to her about anything sexual related especially if you aren't married. She is very passive and I have even left her office as she let out a very loud and dramatic sigh. Any time I have visited her I have gotten anxiety. I'll stick to walk in clinics. Avoid her if you can.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Gagnon, when are you retiring? I have no choice but to keep her as my family doctor, even though she is absolutely painful to go see. I get nervous when going to see her as I know I am completely opening myself up for 100% unnessasary judgement! It started years ago when I became sexual active, it was like once I hit that threshold in life I was going to receive the worst treatments medically and emotional from this women. She's always had to make comments about my sexual life, as a doctor you should not judge in this area as it could be sensitive for some people. After being with a steady guy for a years I was having some bedroom issues.. Her solution "just take a shot of liquor, Itll help things relax". After having years of repeatative strep throat she never once wanted to take my tounsils out either. So then going through a horrible 12 months of antibiotics for strep, then yeast infections that turned into BV which needed more antibiotics I finally went to a duty clinic & met amazing doctors that care & provided me with a well thought out treatment plan that now I don't get put on any more antibiotics! But did gagnon ever take the time to consult me? Never. She's too busy, to spaced out, too far away in her own head. The last thing for me that makes me never want to see her again has to do with my mental health. when I booked the appointment for this I was so anxious as soon as I stepped into the clinic, but I told myself that this was different she had to listen to me. Hahaha as if! She was the rudest yet, asked me if "I just wanted happy pills". She then got me to fill out this stupid sheet that determined if I was depressed or not.. It looked like she printed it from a google image. She then convinced me that I should use my money on meds and not therapy. That id get the same results but with meds much cheaper and quicker. Therapy is longer and much more expensive but I prefer the therapy, she wouldn't write a referral.. Just medication perscription. I never filled that perscription and just called a psychologist myself. I have been seeing a wonderful psychologist that believed herself medication would not have been my fix and I'm happy for that! Dr. Gagnon has all around gone down hill, I remember as a kid she seemed great, however now I wouldn't even recommend my worst enemy to that women.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

After waiting 2 solid hours in the waiting room at the Dartmouth Medical Centre to see the Duty Doctor, I was brought into a small office. I had been having problems sleeping, due to a stressful new job while managing bipolar. I was a bit teary, when the nurse came in to ask me what my appointment was about. I told her that I needed some time off work to sort myself out, that I was experiencing a lot of stress. Dr. Gagnon finally came in, and stood on the other side of the room. Her first question after hearing my problem was, "What do you want me to do about it?" She wouldn't even sit in the chair beside me. She stood across the room 10 feet away like I was going to attack her or something. After waiting 2 solid hours, she refused to even sit and talk to me. You could tell, she just wanted me out of her office. It was like she was afraid of me or something. Not all people with mental illnesses are violent. I am a professional with a clean criminal record and I work in the legal field. I have never been violent toward anyone, nor even been in a fight in my life! I do not deserve to be treated like a criminal. She also called Bipolar a disease. As a doctor, she should know it's actually a mood disorder, not a brain disease. She was very rude and made me feel like a leper. I immediately felt that it was a mistake going in to see her. This kind of treatment makes people not want to go see a doctor when they need one. Nobody deserves to be treated this way by a medical professional. This appointment happened during mental health awareness week, no less! She should be more respectful to patients. I was very dissatisfied with the level of "care" she provided. Terrible bedside manner; very rude and discriminatory. Zero stars!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

We went to visit the duty dr this morning and upon getting in Dr Gagnon scolded us for givingnourbchild a last name as a first name (in her opinion) then went on to tell us our child had an ear infection but not to treat it with antibiotics only advil then she told us the cough he had was our fault because we don't do flu shots. She is a very opiniated dr and non of what she had an opinion on helped us medically. Extremely rude and full of herself.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

she acts like she cares but then forgets really fast what she says in previous appointments. Also charges money for any extra like phoning in a prescription refill etc. Please produce more doctors so people can have a choice.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Dr. Gagnon could have the diagnostic skills of Dr. House and I wouldn't set food in her office again after she scolded me - a woman 15 years her senior - for dating after my divorce. I was disgusted when she told me that I was still married to my emotionally abusive ex-husband in the eyes of God and therefore should not be sexually active. Her medical care was mediocre to fine but her unsolicited religious advice will keep me from ever returning.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I'm revisiting my rating of October 14,2015(I'm stunned)..... My expectations of a doctor as a kind of a miracle worker.Go to the doctor, get a pill, you will be fixed is not how life works.The doctor can diagnose and prescribe but she can't change your life history or monitor your daily life. She can offer courses of action and warn you of the outcome of certain habits , like smoking, drinking, not eating a proper diet, not getting enough exercise,..... but she is not there at your side snatching the bag of potato chips out of your hands, knocking the cigarette out of your mouth and prying you up from the couch to go take a walk. I am responsible for my own health and I apologise to Dr. G for expressing my frustration with the progress of my health condition and blaming it on the doctor. I don't need a new doctor I need a new attitude.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I'm stunned! For a while I thought Dr.G was a great doctor even though she got into my business over religion. She told me to go back to church.Mostly i just went to her for prescription refill for a life long illness She did regular blood tests every 3months as my condition needed monitoring. After about a year of seeing her she told me I was prediabetic but never told me what to do about it. I progressed to diabetes and still she did nothing and said to eat a balanced diet. Then came kidney disease and no recommendations to a nephrologist. She kept telling me each visit that things were getting worse. She said she was too busy to consult with anotherdoctor I see. Told me the medication I was taking may be the cause of the kidney trouble but didn't send me to the specialist to find out for sure. I've had it with her . I want a new doctor. My life is at risk. She is too busy!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Punctuality is 2 hour wait sometimes- staff have been rude and she charges for everything. She does not listen and has a terrible memory. I have been seeing her for years but use the duty clinic mostly because of the above reasons.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Linda Gagnon's Credentials

• Dalhousie University (Grad. 1982)