Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Ripley

I stopped breathing at a doctors appointment and they began CPR. This process happened NINE times. Yes folks..you read correctly...NINE times. Now..my age....drumroll....please.....ratatatat...27. So, needless to say I was referred to a expert to see why this could have happened. I explained the situation. Brought medical records. He said, "I don't know". I said, "I'm scared. I'm a single mom. I have kids. I can't sleep. I'm afraid my child is going to find me dead in my bed at night. You are a doctor. Help me. Please. I'm all they have." Of course I'm crying, hysterical. He shrugs and says, everything looks fine to me. Your young, probably panicked, maybe you need to make lifestyle changes or find a father for your kids. I wanted to punch him. I don't drink, smoke. I don't date because the focus is my kids. This fossil should worry about changing his lifestyle. Also, if you walk around southern hills and mention his name everyone knows a horror story about him. He's horrific. As most doctors at Southern Hills (and unfortunately I'm finding Tennessee are)

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

He was mean to me, and accused me of going to a pain clinic in front of a nurse

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Dr. Ripley saved my life in the ER at Centennial Hospital. He has always shown interest in my welfare. Tests have been given as needed. Good follow up.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

This doctor is one of the worst I have ever been to! He doesn't listen to you and is very rude. My heart had stopped beating and I had to be "brought back" by CPR and no one knew why. That was why I went to him. He truly acted like it was no big deal and couldn't understand why I was upset. He ordered a tilt table test (basically, if you pass out - the test is positive) I passed out over and over again. So much so that the people giving the test called in other people in case I crashed again! The head of the department at the hospital said that the test was positive. Dr. Ripley said it was negative! Then, he gave me a holter monitor to wear. I have severe tachycardia and always have. He said that the monitor didn't show anything. I had the same test done with another doctor and they said that it was positive! Not only is he not knowledgeable but, he can be very mean. Very uncaring! He has the reputation of being a doctor you don't want to go to. SO, for your health..DON'T!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. Robert C. Ripley's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)