Ratings for Dr. Susan Dixon

I have been seeing Dr Dixon for over a year, and though she is friendly and warm, she is very dismissive of holistic medicine and if you try and do some conventional medical research yourself (my friend is a nurse practitioner). I have been struggling with a medication I have been on for almost 3 months and I am now at my wits end as she said to try one more month. The side effects are impacting my marital life and I have decided to go searching for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Friendly, kind, honestly cares about her patients. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Dixon is the best doctor I have had in 30 years, since moving to Calgary. She is warm-hearted and kind, and extremely competent. I've had some chronic health issues, and she has worked with me over several years to sort them out. She has always respected any research I brought to her, but I do know the different between scientific and "grey" literature. She was rushed at Salveo, but only because she was one of the few senior physicians left at the clinic, and was carrying more than her share of the workload. I am confident in her advice and guidance in assisting me to maintain the best possible health.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

She doesn't listen and always seems so frantic. Will be searching for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Rude, disrespectful, arrogant, did not treat the patient correctly, resulting in the patient becoming more sick within a day or two. Unkind, unprofessional; Salveo should be ashamed for having such a poor example of a medical practitioner on their staff.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Absolutely horrible, disrespectful and callous to say the least. She was pretentious and unkind and would recommend anyone paying a visit to Salevo clinic to seek another practitioner. I find it quite upsetting when a person leaves a doctors office in tears feeling worse than before they entered. Perhaps this woman should focus on research and her paycheck as she has no regard for helping people.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I have found Dr Dixon to be very helpful, with a wonderful bedside manner. BUT, where did she go? She is no longer at the Mackenzie Family Practice. Will she be practicing someplace else soon? I would like to follow her if I can.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Compassionate and thoughtful Doctor. Always very pleasant, good bed-side manner, and she has a good sense of humor. She takes time and listens. My family and I have been seeing her for 10+ years and are very happy with her care.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Dixon's for several years. She is a very friendly doctor, but seemingly a bit too busy. She tends not be a very good listener as she is usually the one doing the talking. I see her usually only once a year for a physical, but have made the decision to have a naturopath be my primary care doctor, which in the end has proven to have had enormous benefits for me. Dr. Dixon is far too overbooked and frenetic to be the best doctor she could be to her patients. I will only stay with her because it's impossible to find a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Dixion for many years and the service I get from her is not that great. Yes she is friendly, but when you have to wait to see her because she is "visiting" with other patients and then only spends a very short time with you is not right, she should treat everyone equal. As well as when you go to her for medical help because you are in cronic pain and discompfort she tells you it is all in your head and there is nothing wrong with you, I think that I know my body and would know if something is not right. I am in the process of looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010