Ratings for Dr. Brian Lukie

Wonderful doctor! He is very caring and handles his patients with care.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I have seen Dr Lukie since May 2017 and i have noticed that he cares about his patients; xr's medication,, physio is recommended when there is a need for it. On my second visit ..he suggested me an injection will be a possibility to cope with the pain and tenderness of the pain. Now i am waiting for a CT scan to find out what will be for the next step. he

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I have a health care directive for my mom, she has suffered with back pain for most of her life. Dr. Lukie was recommended by her family doctor. Luckie prescribed OXYCODEON which didn't really help at first, until he up the dose so my mother was basically a zombie.... I lowered the amount of pill's so mom was comfortable but still had her senses! The prescription was for a month, but follow up appt was 3 months? When I called about a mistake on the prescription I was told to use a over a counter pain relieve.... WTF?

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Seen him for right knee pain. He informed me that the joint was inflamed and would I like a cortisone injection. Did not inform me of any risks or side effects of the injection. With one quick swab of the skin he injected my joint with cortisone. 6 days later joint infected. Fluid in knee aspirated and sent for culture and sensitivity. Was diagnosed with septic arthritis and bacteremia. After 8 days of intravenous antibiotics went to see him again and he informed methat I would require another 4 weeks of antibiotics. That I should "grin and bear it". Following further discussion he did state it was grossly infected and would require further investigation. Ended up in hospital for 15 days, underwent an arthroscopic procedure and continued further on intravenous antibiotics for a total of 51 days. Needless to say if the skin was properly prepped than this infection could have been avoided. Just ensure this physician demonstrates proper technique on delivering medication.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I've got no problems with Dr. Lukie but I was shocked to learn that he is not a surgeon. I was hoping that after we reviewed my MRI results that he would take me to the next step of fixing my knee. Now I have to wait another few months for a surgeon to look at my MRI and start all over again. The internet says he is a surgeon and that is not correct.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I have seen Dr. Lukie twice before and he was ok, but yesterday he was absolutely RUDE. Didn't listen to me, didn't offer any solutions and then insulted me and complained to me that he basically didn't have time for me, because every minute of his day is scheduled. Yes, and I know why every minute is scheduled - he is paid by Manitoba Health per visit - so it's best to make them short!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

this guy whos calling people insane doesnt know what hes talking about hes full of it and on crack he might of been paid to belittle others

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

The guy with the "shoulder" took Dr. Lukie to court, all charges were dismissed because the patient was declared mentally insane. Dr. Lukie is a good doctor and i've been going to him for 24 years, i highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

did not seem to be too interested in he situaion ...maybe he was tired or on his way to luch..

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Lukie for over twenty years. He is the absolute best when it comes to sports injuries. He can diagnose an injury in a very short period in the examination room. I have always had great care from Dr. Lukie and I reccommend him to all of my friends,family and coworkers if they have a sports related injury. About 5years ago I had a inexplicable knee problem, Dr. Lukie sent me for all the diagnostic imaging, X-Ray, CT Scan and then and finally an MRI to pinpoimnt the problem. Before sending me for orthoscopic surgery we decided that trying a shot of cortisone would be prudent. I haven't had a problem since then with my knee and avoided the surgery altogether.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2008