Ratings for Dr. Ross MacMahon

Great experience no pain went great will explained very helpfull experience with staff Dr wad great anyone looking to do this he is the right Dr

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Dr. MacMahon did a reversal on me several months ago. My wife and I are now expecting a baby boy! Dr. MacMahon is a really caring and knowledgeable surgeon. He is punctual and very professional. He would not stop till he answers all of your questions. His staff are also accommodating.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer, he went in and removed 90% of the tumor. After the patholist report came he had to operate me again " because he didn't think that it was malign the first time" so 2 months later I had to go through the whole ordeal again. Months later I was to be treated with BCG ( in short tuberculosis) to prevent the cancer from coming. The nurse introduced the catheter so fast and without gel that she damaged my eurethra, this caused me to start shivering and raised my fever while I was still in the hospital. She let me go home even dough I had peed two dippers full of blood and clots( I wasn't allowed to use the toiled due to the BCG just injected). I hardly drove myself home and for 2 days I was shaking with high fever and headache until I couldn't take any more. The second day I was taken to emergency and the Dr on duty misdiagnosed me me bladder infection ( rather then BCG infection) and gave me the wrong antibiotic. Then 3 days latter Dr MacMahon followed his footsteps and gave me another antibiotic ( also not meant against BCG). So A few days Later I was admitted again , this time I stayed for a whole month in hospital. Dr Mac Mahon saw me only once in all that time sending residents instead. My Sister was horrified about my state and flew from Argentina. She gave an unexpected lecture to the residents on how they were using the wrong treatment and not following protocol ( which she brought along from an Argentinean University, she is an ex Biology profesor). The students didn't like what they heard and some were red faced, yet it sunck into some of them and soon " they decided to start the BCG protocol" . Now I have to put up with 6 months of heavy antibiotics. Very unprofessional the whole ordeal!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

I was referred to Dr. MacMahon for a vasectomy because of some complications and scar tissue to my left "ball" (RateMD wont allow me to use the real name). He was confident that he was able to perform the vasectomy, where as Dr. Billinkoff wouldn't even attempt it. I had the procedure (which lasted all of 13 minutes) and at the follow-up after. During the follow-up we went over the results of the post vasectomy analysis and there was still swimmers in the pool. We waited another few months and repeated the follow-up sample and the swimmers were still there. At this visit, he told me that the pathologist reported that the tissue removed from the left side was not from the vas. I think that if he would have taken a little more time during the procedure, maybe he could be sure that he snipped the right thing. He told me to have my wife get her tubes tied or he needs refer me to another doctor at HSC that can put me under a general do repeat the procedure. A general? Seriously? They cut people open and deliver babies with a spinal. I am asking my family doctor for another referral to get this fixed (no pun intended).

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. MacMahon is an awesome urologist and surgeon. His staff is wonderful and very caring towards his patients always trying to accommodate their needs and trying to put them at ease. They will go out of their way to answer any questions you may have after an office visit and if they can't answer it will contact the good doctor for the answer. He is always punctual for appointments possessing a polite manner that provides an excellent doctor/patient rapport that I find very accommodating and cordial. He answers questions openly in a clear and concise manner by explaining the options that are available and their benefits while also explaining the possible downside to them. His knowledge base and training in his field is superb reflecting his dedication to his patients and chosen field. His bedside manner is kind, caring and very reassuring before and after surgery. I have complete faith in his medical abilities and sound judgement.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

My husband and I had a consultation with him to discuss vasectomy reversal. He was very informative and took the time to answer all of our questions, along with asking us if we had any. Hoping to have surgery done shortly in the new year.And yes I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

He did my lap band surgery last year and i ended up being a complicated case, he came and saw me the next day to check on me and i left later that day. his other staff do my fills on my band but sometimes i am a difficult one so he comes and does it so quick and efficient and i dont even feel the needle when he does it. his front office staff is AWESOME. they are so nice and helpful. Geri is great!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Very poor doctor. He was in charge of my mother while she was a patient at St. B. NEVER came to see her--sent residents who made many mistakes (did not diagnose cancer) and who did not arrange necessary tests. I would never allow him to care for a family member again!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

My husband had a reversal of his vasectomy nearly 12 after the initial procedure. He needed to have the more extensive Vasoepididymostomy. Dr. Ross explained the success ratio and was realistic. He explained the whole procedure in terminology that was understandable. He is an excellent surgeon and we now have the result of his outstanding expertise. Our daughter is now 5 years old and Dr. Ross has helped us complete our family.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr.MacMahon treated me well, answered my questions and was very understanding. His Staff were prompt and knowledgeable as well. He had time to speak with me before and after surgery. Is he busy? yes and should be. No idle chit chat - but that is okay

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009