Ratings for Dr. Steven K. Austin

I do not know this Dr personally, but between him and cardiologist Steven Stubblefield who is my husbands Dr, they decided to transfer my husband frame Memorial N. P. To the big Memorial hospital to have a heart procedure done by Dr Stubblefield. Turns out dr Stubblefield was not on call and decided to have Dr Steven Austin take care of my husband. Two days of waiting around to find out what the Dr was going to do, I called Dr S. Stubble fields office, and was told that Dr S. Austin would be my husbands Dr,and that NO procedure was planned. Oh and Dr S. Austin works at the Hixson office/ Hosp. So WHY WAS MY HUSBAND TRANSFERED TO THE BIGGER HOSP AND PUT IN THE CARDIAC UNIT IF NO PROCEDURE WAS BEING DONE.??? At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I was in favor of doing whatever needs to be done to get my husband well. So now we have an ALL day stay at Memorial Hosp ER in Hixson. Then we have an Ambulance charge to transfer my husband to the Bigger Memorial Hosp Cardiac short stay unit over night to wait on a procedure we were told would take place today sometime. If he was to be a patient of Dr S Austin TODAY why wasnt he kept at Hixson Memorial Hosp? Until I called Stubblefields office we were NOT made aware that he will not be here and he will not be doing the procedure we were told was needed. The procedure that has not been scheduled! So we wait worrying about my husbands condition and now don't know if the procedure is necessary, OR is Dr S. Austin just the on call Dr until Dr S. Stubblefield comes back and makes a decision? Two days NO answers! Two days, my husband is a DIEBETIC and is not allowed food because THEY MIGHT DO A PROCEDURE...THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS WRONG HERE.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr. Steven K. Austin's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

AARP