Ratings for Dr. Gerry Fernandes

My father in law went to see him for all symptoms of throat cancer. He told him it was a gland stone and to suck on a lemon. Symptoms got worse in less than a month. Went to Dr Sharma in Saskatoon he said it was stage 4 throat cancer. If this doctor had actually used a scope to look at his throat he would have been diagnosed the first time he saw him. Hope he rots.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

One of the worst doctors ever seen. Had antibiotics and he stopped those and got worst which is now converted into Cholestetoma. Doesn't want to listen the problem and too rude. Consulting professionals what could be done in this case.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I just had my tonsils removed by Dr Fernandes and it was a good overall experience. From the date I first saw him to the day of the surgery was less than 3 weeks! I was very impressed with the speed in which he got me in. Unlike the other reviews, I found him very polite. He was straight and to the point, I'm not sure I would want to be speaking with a Dr who sugar coated things. He gave me the pros and cons and answered all of my questions without annoyance and made sure I knew I could call again at any time with further questions. The surgery went very well, I'm still recovering but as far as I can tell it was very well done, absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The only downside: he is retiring next month, so I won't be able to see him if I have any other concerns with ENT issues.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

his report to my doctor was very different than what he told me.also very rude.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I have had throat infections my entire life, I was refered to this doctor and asked him to take out my tonsils, he looked up my nose and told me I needed a septoplasty and that would fix my throat infections so I went ahead and got this surgery done. 3 weeks after the surgery I was plagued by another throat infection, now a year later I am schedualed for my tonsils to be removed. It would of been nice to get this done a year ago without getting the unnecassary septoplasty.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

This Doctor has seen my son on two occasions and was pleasant on both occasions. He will be taking out my son's tonsils and I feel very comfortable with him. He even had a nice talk with my son about the procedure so my son wasn't so scared.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I have been to ear, nose and throat specialists my entire life. I have never met a doctor that was so terrible. The staff at his clinic is excellent; There is only one person on his staff, but she is great. As for the doctor, he was late for every appointment I went to. And I understand having to wait when I arrive, however the last time I went, he showed up 1 hour after my schedule appointment. He comes in the front entrance like patients do, so it's easy to tell that he is so late. As far as surgery, he asked me at my follow-up appointment a week later if i was taking my antibiotics, to which I told him, "You didn't give me any." So, now my repaired ear in infected and still cannot hear from it 2 weeks later. He still did not give me any antibiotic. I will be getting a referral to another doctor for the surgery in my other ear. I suggest making the drive to Saskatoon if you need to see a specialist.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I saw him in emergency and he was very rude and unprofessional. I was brought in from out of town by ambulance and was in alot of pain and he seemed to be annoyed that he had t be called in and made me and my husband feel like crap. Never again will I go back to him

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I kind of waffled over my opinion of this physician. I smiled when I met him- big mistake. I just feel he did not take me seriously. I told him I could never breathe properly though my nose. He later commented that's not serious. Maybe if he was experiencing it he would know how I feel. Not serious? Almost a year later I am still suffering- having been put on another doctor's year long waiting list. I asked to be put on a 3rd surgeon's shorter list to end my suffering so I can breathe properly. Hasn't happened. If I was a man would doctors take me seriously???? What do I have to do? OH TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!! Dress like a man? Bring a man with me? Take up prostitution so I can afford a private surgery so I can end my suffering? I CAN'T BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW I AM AT THE END OF MY ROPE. A PERSON CAN ONLY SUFFER SO MUCH- AFTER A YEAR OF NOT 1 GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!!!!!! *&(### the system!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

my daughther has seen him 6 times in the last 2 years and he still hasn't fixed her ear problem, got a second opinion and that doc said fernandes used tubes that are not recomended any more, how is this possible, fernandes is suppose to be a specialist giving professional advise, i certainly don't feel like i was giving professional advise!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009