Ratings for Dr. Gregory A. Kline

I am so grateful I was finally referred to Dr Kline's office. He nailed my diagnoses in 1 visit after I went on 3 years with no answer from any other specialist. My second visit seeing him he gave me a timeline of my procedures and my surgery and it happened exactly the way he said. No messing around with him, he says something will get done and he makes it happen. I felt very calm in the hands of him even though I was diagnosed with Cushing's disease (pituitary tumor) and I knew there was a long hard road of surgeries and recovery time ahead of me. All of his staff were so helpful and patient with my family and I always calling the office. The staff in the Foothill's hospital on the neuro ward were absolutely wonderful too. I owe my life to all of them

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Klein. After having a terrible overall experience with my previous Endo, it felt fantastic to finally find one that is so compassionate, patient, and knowledgeable. I have Grave's Disease which was diagnosed at 16 years of age, which is very young for this condition (average age of diagnosis is 40-50), which has caused my case to be quite challenging. After failing several attempts with my first Endo at methimazole remission, and becoming increasingly more frustrated with her refusing to give me all the options available (She only ever talked about RAI, which I am not a suitable candidate for as I have Grave's Eye Disease), I stopped treating my disease altogether for years. I was convinced no one would give me the time of day, because I was so young, even though I have always been a bit of a medical nerd and know what I am talking about, and thoroughly do my own research. Several years later, when I had to go in for an unrelated surgery but needed my Grave's controlled before that would be possible, enter Dr. Klein. He was patient and thorough with guiding me through all the available options, including Thyroidectomy, which I have believed for years is the best option for my case but could never get my first Endo to agree to it (she kept telling me it was too risky and they didn't do them anymore because of infections, which is a lie.) Klein's beside manner is fabulous, and I never once felt belittled, and he spoke in a way that showed he respected my own medical knowledge too. He is open to T4/T3 combination therapy as well, which if anyone reading is hypothyroid, they know how incredible that is. Finding an Endo who is open to ALL the available options, even if it may not be the most proven treatment, is like finding a unicorn. I truly believe this man has saved my life. He gave me back my sense of self-confidence and medical autonomy. I cannot thank you enough Dr. Klein.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr Klien is very smart, calm and well spoken. From the point I met him I felt that I was in good hands. After I was diagnosed I received calls from Dr Kliens Nursing assistents to see how I was doing. I feel that if another treatment comes up in the future Dr Kline would think of me thats how he is ..thoughtful. On top of being a great Doctor he is also a nice person

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

All I know is I owe him my life - I had a full on thyroid storm and was misdiagnosed by an endocrinologist who I refer to as the "bad specialist" who I'm writing a negative review on next....Dr. Kline is so thorough and does not rush you and creates a safe environment to talk about all possible treatments - he is collaborative with both my family physician and myself. I'm beyond grateful. I was able to get in to see him quickly during a horrific 2 months of a storm - so after the "bad" one I am feeling so fortunate to have him and his team fully in my corner. Thank you Dr. Kline and team :)

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

At the end of our road to find diagnosis for daughter,Dr. Kline nailed it all in 2 visits, lined up the best of surgeons and had us on the road to restored health in 2 months. Sue ,you were so patient with my calls and stress. I am grateful beyond words for this group of pros. So glad we landed here .

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Kline and my initial consultation was excellent.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Kline has been nothing short of helpful. I am from Saskatoon and was referred out to Calgary for my surgeries and he worked with my surgeons and was able to identify a possible diagnosis for me that was not once thought of in Saskatoon. Sure enough, after testing I was diagnosed with Von Hippel Lindau - which is what Dr. Kline and my surgeons suspected from the beginning. When I was in the hospital he made an effort to pop in and see me while he was there. He took the time at appointment and we did not feel rushed out, even though we were one of his last patients of the day. He was very helpful in communication with me and my husband through e-mail since we are not from Calgary. I did have a difficult time with his secretary though who told me that if I wanted to get my PET scan in Edmonton rather than Calgary because I could get in a month sooner, that I could move my care elsewhere..... but as soon as we were put into direct contact with Dr. Kline via email (against his secretary's wishes), everything was great and he understood my wishes for having it done in Edmonton. I was a 25 year old with 6 tumors and no diagnosis. Of course I wanted to get in a month earlier for a PET scan. Dr. Kline has been extremely helpful, personable and willing. He is a knowledgeable man and I am very thankful that I am one of his patients!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Kline left me with many unanswered medical questions. I also feel he has very little empathy for his patients but possesses a huge judgement that is based on too little information. Extremely hard on someone who has been dealing with an unknown health condition for a long period of time. Very wrong ! Save your time and your precious energy...seek another specialist that will act in your best interest. Be proactive as best you can......good Dr.'s are out there.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Absolutely fantastic - spent the the time to sit down with me and explain everything about my condition and treatment. He was thorough, highly knowledgeable and professional. A brilliant physician!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Dr. Kline is one of the worst Endocronolgists I have ever met. As other reviews stated, he is in need of a new career. He is arrogant and very cold, not traits a doctor presents. He is not amicable and after my appointment with him, he has failed to reffer me to other specialist to treat my condition and it has been 6 months already. He diagnosed me without lab works or xrays. He just assumed the case and acted upon it. He is dull and uncaring I dont know how he still is in practice.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016