Ratings for Dr. Peter Tomy

My dr. for over 20 yrs.wait time sometimes long even with appt.but then when u need to go in u can. staff have never been rude in my presence. office manager debra went out of her way for me, in changing referal dr. dr tomy is too busy, but what can u do. have tried looking for another doctor but not many out there.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I agree about the disorgaganized staff. Waited over 2 months for a non generic NSAID prescription to be allowed by EDS (pharmacare).Called office many times to find and was given assurances everything was underway. Few weeks later it was revealed they hadn't even mailed the forms out. Tried working with the pharmacist to get things underway and ultimately got my final ruling through the diligence of the pharmacist because Dr. Tomy's staff seemed to be sleeping at the wheel in this matter. Final result: Pharmacare coverage denied because the Dr. did not do sufficient testing with generics before prescribing the more expensive drug.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

I've been going to him for many years, he's a very nice man, but as a Dr., I'm quite frankly losing my faith in him. I don't just want "a story & a pat on the back with a prescription in the hand" kind of medicine anymore. But alas what choices are there for us?

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Dr. Tomy is wonderful! He has been there for our family thru seizures, tonsils, ear infections. He is terribly overworked, and I do feel that his staff has been terribly rude. They have gotten much better the last couple of years. Dr. Tomy does care very much. The other comments about seeing him for only one issue is when you come into the walk-in. If you make an appointment he will deal with everything. I think the walk-in is what causes the backlog-but you'll see me waiting in his waiting room because he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Misdiagnosed my husbands prostrate cancer which had spread to his bones and spine, Dr prescribed physio for his back 3 times a week which gave my husband more pain, prescribed anti inflammatory Celebrux and said to go back to work in 2 weeks. My husband did never go back to work because we found out at St Boniface emergency room that he had terminal cancer. Because Tomy said he should go back to work in 2 weeks (Sept) we had a 5 month battle with the insurance company to get disability insurance. His staff are also the rudest, after every phone call they make snide remarks or offensive comments. Ladies this is your job and if you're that unhappy at it go find another job, you certainly won't be missed!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

I used to see his son H. Tomy and needed to get a mantou for work( tb test) I got a skin infection from him due to the fact that he did not wash his hands. I had to have an I.V. lock in my hand for 4 days and go to the hospital every 8 hours for I.V. antibiotics. I'd run, not walk away from this doctor and pray for him to retire.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr.Tomy is the best Doctor I have ever seen. Yes, sometimes you have to wait (never more than 1-1/2 hours) but this is because he doesn't rush his patients out of the room. He is very caring and a great listener. Too bad he isn't taking on any new patients otherwise I would recommend him to others. His girls at the front desk are very rude and mean to the patients. One time when I was in the waiting room one of them embarrassed a patient in front everyone. He was there for an embarrassing problem and she (the short balding lady with the facial hair) forced him to discuss it out loud. Everyone in the waiting room heard and I felt so bad for this poor guy.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

I`ve gone to Dr. Tomy for over 30 yrs. he has gone out of his way to help, specialists, etc. My children and grandchildren go to him now and I wouldn`t trade him for the world.His office staff are usually pleasent and the waits are sometimes long but well worth it, and by the way complainers about wait, my daughters go to a peditrican and have to wait 3 months for appointment. Dr. Tomy you`re the greatest.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

I have been a patient of Dr. Tomys for close to 20 yrs. He has always been very very good with dealing with my health concerns. I think he is a wonderful Dr., however he really needs new receptionists, these women are the rudest most unpleasant things around. Somebody needs to regulate their behavior more than Dr. Tomys

flag | Submitted July 7, 2007

Dr. Tomey is a very good family doctor he is great with the kids, and very helpful if you have a question.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007