We had to change to a Indianapolis Nephrologist in order to get the treatment my wife deserved. Dr. Bhasin let her numbers get to 18 and even then said there was nothing to worry about.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

At first I was pleased with Dr Bhasin but as time continued I noticed that he was getting at least one phone call during each of my visits. My last visit he had 2 lengthy calls during my visit and didn't even leave the room. He spent more time on those calls than with me. I felt I only got about 20% of his attention during my visit. Things he should have told me I had to read on my print out sheet. When I called back 3 times to ask questions, someone finally called me back 2 weeks later. This really worries me if a more serious need would arise as to when I would get a call back. And the office staff isn't friendly. They hardly even acknowledge you. I think things have gotten worse since St Marys took over the office. I will discuss changing nephrologists with my primary care physician at my next appointment. At first I thought he was concerned but now I'm just not sure.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

This is the worst doctor ever. Very rude. He cares about money not peoples lives. Avoid him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I developed acute renal failure which improved with a medication change. It came back again only worse. My doctor said it was time for a specialist. I was afraid because I have been diabetic for nearly 20 years. I was given a choice of several doctors. I asked...which one will work the hardest to keep me OFF of dialysis? Dr. Bhasin's name was the most often mentioned. I drove 70+ miles to see him and will do it again for as long as I need to. He is VERY knowledgeable. He has adjusted my medications correctly and monitored me for nearly a year now. I remain in an area where I still have more time before dialysis will even be considered. He is friendly and will answer any questions you have. He takes the time to help YOU understand what's happening to you in a way that doesn't make you feel stupid. He can put you at ease at a time when you are most concerned. I can't say enough except that IF you should ever need a kidney specialist, this is the guy you want. Just my 2 cents. THE BEST!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Dr. Vijay K. Bhasin's Credentials

• Gov'T Med Coll, Punjabi Univ, Patiala, Punjab, India (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=443531'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014