Ratings for Dr. Helen Lutterodt

Came into office an hour late. Forgot to fax requisitions Friday before 5 so we have to wait til Monday. Just doesn't care. POS

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Poor Doctor forgets to send referrals in , doesn't report test results or information from specialist,can't seem to get any results from tests or problems.doesn't really listen to your problems.My cardiologist faxed her to tell her to tell me to stop taking a particular drug , it was a year later when I got the message. Not very happy

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

I have been seeing her for 3.5 years. At times I have been impressed with the care I receive and at other times nothing special. After my pregnancy I had very high blood pressure once at home. I was able to see her quickly. She was very quick to ensure that I received the correct treatment for my condition as I not only had high blood pressure but a terrible headache. She initially was going to send me for a CT scan but found out that I had horrible muscle strain from labour. She treated both conditions and likely saved my life. She always sends me for routine blood work and follows up appropriately. I don't find her quick to suggest medications which I think is good. She offers other suggestions for treatments as well. When I first started seeing her I was depressed and she not only prescribed meds but kept encouraging me to try counselling. I am satisfied with the care I receive from her.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

Dr Lutterodt has always willing to do the appropriate tests or referals as required. I find her very thorough and I am comfortable talking to her.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

I find seeing this particular doctor a total waste of time. Each occasion I've had to see her, I felt I was intruding on her day and that she would rather be somewhere else. She appears to be a very nice person; but doesn't come across that way. My last visit concerned an infected surgical incision; and she made no effort to want to view the infected area until I pulled my clothes off. A friend who is a RN accompanied me and witnessed this....she was shocked at the lack of interest. I was the one who had to ask for a prescription of an antibiotic ointment!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

I do not like this doctor at all. Went to see her for extreme pain behind the knee. She prescribed arthritis medication. I was 21 at the time. It was a sudden and sharp pain and I could barely walk on the leg. That was a Friday. My mother who is an RN asked for the symptoms (as I was in Uni and away from her) when I told her she said that was NOT arthritis and to go back and demand another look. I went back and finally the doctor felt that maybe if I felt more confident and better about it I should be referred to the hospital for more tests. She seemed to think i was over-reacting. That afternoon, at the hospital, having been referred to the care of her husband, a gastrointologist?!?!? for a knee???, the test results showed a major blood clot behind the knee and I was admitted to ICU because it was breaking away and travelling towards my lung. I can only think of the damage this doctor could have done if my mother hadn't demanded I go back and insist on another look!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

She is a nice woman to deal with but does tend to be forgetful. She is supportive when needed and is willing to order tests when needed. Sometimes have to ask her for the tests but in my case I think it's because I have so many health issues that it all gets a bit confusing to her as we go from one topic to another rather quickly. I'd recommend following up anything she's promised to do for you as it often doesn't get done unless you do.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2007

I have been seeing Helen for the past 20 years. She has a calmness about her, which I could see some people taking as boredom. I always feel better after seeing her (I think she has a healing touch). She is kind, and she does appear to care. She tries to eliminate comment causes of ailments before jumping to grave diagnoses. She has no problem referring me to specialists if she cannot solve my problem. She is good about reminding me to have regular physical exams. She does not over-prescribe medicines . . . would prefer to use natural remedies where practical. You do have to speak up for yourself and ask what you want, but be prepared to accept a "no" if she doesn't agree with your diagnosis. She is good about explaining her decisions if asked.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

I saw her many years ago. She gave me my first physical, and I was humiliated by her manner. She didn't believe a 21-year-old could still be a virgin. I went in with joint pains once. She didn't find anything wrong, but prescribed a heavy-duty anti-arthritis medication that made me sick. I went in another time about something completely different, and she prescribed a mouthwash - I didn't realize that's what it was until I asked the pharmacist. Maybe I had bad breath, but I'd had a burger with onions for lunch. That was the last time I saw her.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Terrible doctor. She misdiagnosed me for months, kept prescribing expensive meds I did not need. I finally diagnosed myself and had to push for referals and tests. I found out after my surgery that tests had been requested to be run again, but she did not bother to tell me that causing months of unecessary pain. Needless to say I quit going to her. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007