Ratings for Dr. J. Francois De Jager

Three family members have had Dr DeJager for surgeries. He is par excellence beyond fabulous!! All surgeries were highly successful and follow up timely. He is a quiet unassuming gentleman with a knowledgable, skilled and laid back demenour. Highly recommend him BUT his staff yikes!!! He shares office space with Dr. Zwai (another wonderful surgeon). Dr. DeJagers 'gatekeeper' is a young, loud, annoying, disruptive (to the other receptionist) self centered - everybody look at me personality!! I've sat in wait for both doctors with numerous other patients and endured her persona - I have observed and endured a lot of eye rolling, exasperation and comments from physically uncomfortable patients in waiting room waiting for either Doctor. Forget trying to book an appoint - she's curt and says she'll call you back when she's booking into several month down the road. We are still waiting and it's been 2 + years for the appointment and second surgery. A Dr's front line staff is so vital, doesn't matter how great he or his skills personally are. PLEASE DR DE JÄGER CORRECT HER ATTITUDE OR MOVE ON TO SOMEONE NEW!!!!

Submitted July 25, 2016

I had a full thickness supraspinatus tendon tear in my right shoulder. I was referred to Dr. de Jager. His office staff explained how he assesses urgency of patients and that I would be contacted by them once my referral was assessed by the Doctor. Once I saw him, he was very calming and knowledgeable. He explained what he could do to reattach it; the rehabilitation required and more importantly when I could golf again! Surgery went well, small incisions that healed well, and pain was manageable. He is a quiet spoken man and all follow-up visits provided me with further information and he always answered my questions. He is very skilled in the fact that I have a fully functioning shoulder--and my golf game is even better!! If I or anyone I know needed these types of surgeries, Dr. Jager is the one. Front office staff was patient and helpful at all times. Seems like a well-run office. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I had bi-lateral knee replacement surgery. From day 1, Dr De Jager from his approach and knowledge instilled confidence and trust. His skill as a surgeon became apparent the day following the surgery. Scarring and pain were minimal and the functionality of the new knees is very high.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

He did surgery on my ankle and it wasn't getting better, nobody believed me because I was a younger kid. It ended up he had forgotten a bunch of scar tissue and bone in my ankle and I had to have a second surgery years later. Was not happy at all. I still have problems to this day.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

My mother had a total hip replaced. Surgery was unveventful and post op care at RGH was supervised by a Private RN for 6 days. All well. At home More professional help was provided . Dr De Jager's office impossible to reach for follow up and I was informed he does not take calls or talk with family members about pertinent concerns regarding mobility. To me a great Sugeon is one who follows up ...... and if too busy needs to have a mechanism in place that addresses ligitimate issues. We are professional nurses assisting her to total mobility and wellbeing. This becomes difficult and could lead to harm when the Surgeon is unreachable. DR De Jager needs better follow up and office management.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr De Jäger was excellent and gave my son prompt surgery for a spiral fracture. His receptionist is excellent! She is so friendly and accommodating ! You've got a good one Dr De Jager:)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

my husband has had this DR for many years thru so many dislocations and arm surgeries, the DR has been top notch. he is very smart and a very wonderful person to actually talk with ( he doesn't have the God complex thankfully ) we have had our son to him as well as a emerg and he was so calm and good to him. our family really appreciates this DR

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

This Dr. Replaced both my knees a year ago. No problems so far. Very happy with him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

My son's shoulder was unstable after recurrent dislocations that happened while waiting over 8 months for another orthopedic surgeon in Regina to put him on a surgical wait list. We were referred to Dr. De Jager by an ER doctor when my son's shoulder would no longer stay in place after a dislocation. Dr. De Jager saw my son the next day and did surgery within hours. I would highly recommend Dr. De Jager to anyone needing surgery!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr De Jager performed scope on both shoulders ... spectacular!! Years of pain and just when I thought I was going to have to live with this pain, Dr De Jager does scope on the rotator cuffs and wow fantastic work. Healing well and very happy. Thank you so much Dr De Jager !

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014