Ratings for Dr. Romi Bhasin

I'm an Indian so accent is not the reason. .. He may have a lot of degrees in his field but never really made me feel comfortable. ..

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I have type 1 diabetes, and have seen Dr. Bhasin half a dozen times in the last two years. As another review indicated, he isn't the *bubbly* personality type, but each visit he greats me with a handshake, spends ample time with me, listens to my questions and answers them respectfully, then parts with another handshake. I am thankful I see this specialist regularly, as my primary physician is turse, not respectful toward my questions, and doesn't seem invested in our health. One downfall I've heard about Dr. Bhasin is that he's hard to understand sometimes, but though he has an accent, I've always been able to understand him. Perhaps some of these complaints came from hard-of-hearing patients, because I know my senior citizen mother has trouble with some accents.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. Bhasin has been monitoring nodules on my thyroid for 3 years now. He's not an exceptionally warm fuzzy type personality but he is very sincere and factual. I have had fine needle biopsies performed each year for the past 3 years. If you're a layman you wonder how, using an ultrasound, they are able to locate and biopsy the contents of nodules (already small!) on a thyroid. Just the thought of it seems impractical and daunting. Dr. Bhasin took his time each time each time he has performed this for me. His staff, the 2 usual ladies, the blonde and the black haired lady with glasses have been very kind to me. I used Medical Mutual insurance.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Dr. Romi Bhasin's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1997)