Ratings for Dr. Phillip De Muelenaere

Although I have waited for some time on occasion when seeing Dr D I am giving him 5 stars for punctuality because I know he isn’t sitting around having coffee! He is always running around busy. Reading many of these reviews make me sad for a couple of reasons. One, because I understand pain and healing. Two, because people sometimes expect miracles when reality is this is the real world and miracles are few and far between. Dr D is a human being and although I’m sure he would like to not have his patients going back in pain after a procedure, sometimes that just the way it is! I am a young patient of Dr D. 33 years old. I injured my lower back and lived in pain for 2 years trying everything. To make a long story short I ended up in Dr D’s office in tears. He performed a spinal fusion with hardware and whatever else he did in there (I’m not a dr). I am 8 months post op and my spine feels great! Unfortunately I have some other pain in my back that Dr D has tried a few non invasive things to fix. After seeing Dr D many times since he does show concern for his patients and gets me in to answer questions I have and try to come up with pain relief besides drugs because that’s not my thing. I have nothing negative to say about the man. He has been nothing but good to me. He gives me hope which is something I had lost prior to seeing him. He has made me laugh and gives me Kleenex when I’ve cried (a few times). He has explained everything to me in detail and in human terms so I understand! If you have back pain or any kind of pain that would send you his way...GO! Dr D is a wonderful person and although he can’t fix them all he has fixed many! They are out living great lives instead of writing reviews. Thanks Dr D for everything you have done for me. Oh! And his staff are very nice people and always accommodating. I have no regrets and would have the surgery done by Dr D again if need be.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I had an artificial disc done 9 days ago. I am up and walking way more now than before the surgery. Dr. DeMuelenaere has given me my life back. Day 3 was rough due to swelling and bruising but is getting better by the day. As for bedside manner, he has treated me with respect and dignity as I do to him. There are many risks to consider before a surgery. I got lucky or it could be typical. Not everyone will have the same outcome.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Last February Dr. de Muelenaere performed PLIF surgery (Spinal Fusion) from my L5 to S1. This included two disc replacements with cages along with two rods fastened by 8 screws into the vertebra with bone grafting. I had degenerative disc disease, early spinal stenosis and fractured facet joints. I was in constant pain before my surgery having to quit all sports and doing the physical activities that I once enjoyed. Dr. de Muelenaere was honest and very thorough about my surgical plan, recovery and expectations long term. I am still under his care for regular check-ups and he always answers my questions and offers advice or assistance as needed. Recovery has been challenging which was expected. However, I'm pain free and starting to be a little more active now. I'm extremely fortunate and thankful to have been referred to Dr. de Muelenaere . He's an excellent Surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

If he would do better for patients then they might give him some gratitude. He comes in after a botched back suŕgery and says "their is nothing I can do for you're That in my opinion is rude and disgusting. If you couldn't do it right the first time you should have sent me to a qualified surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I had my foot done worst thing I ever did go back the 2nd time now my toes are worse than before , my left foot is in constant pain my toes are curling up so bad that it rubs on the top of my shoe & whatever he did to my pad also hurts to even walk on!!!!! He is more important talking to his staff about there problems during working hrs & leave you sitting in his office I would never recommend him to any one he is a jerk!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Wish I never would have had disc replacement from this doctor. But after several attempts before him to try and solve my issues and which none of them worked, I was excited to hear that after artifical disc replacement I would have my life back and finally return to employment and that was a promise. Well now after surgery I am worse then ever I no longer have a life, cant return to work, cant bend twist or even climb stairs my knees buckle so much and cause me to fall and it is excruciating and embarrassing . I have pains in places I never had before and probably never would have if I never had the surgery. My days are so much longer and more exhausting now just trying to get out of bed or move around then I ever was working 14 hours a day 6 days a week. I am looking for more patients that have had a failed back surgery or worse symptoms since they have seen Dr. DeMillionaire. It is time for change and take what we have left of our lives and fight for answers,truth and maybe if we are lucky hope. I want to bring the fight to the system and doctors that have failed us and have left us broken and suffering everyday for a paycheck and a kickback. backproblems79@gmail.com

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I had a ADR replacement approx 8 years ago, L5-S1 disc was replaced with a prodisc-l. It gave me my life back, w/o doubt. I went from stuck on the couch to back road racing motorcycles, hiking through Europe and fixing snowmobiles again. I had a terrible crash and everything held togther nicely. If you want someone to hold your hand and sign to you, Dr., is not your guy. A bit of a brash person, which makes for crappy bedside manner, but I am more worried about the quality of the surgery then making a new friend. Thank you to Dr. D for giving me back a life worth living!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

This doctor is fantastic. Did two surgeries on my back and took really good care of me. He also follows up with you for years.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. De Muelenaere performed surgery on my back. Thanks to him I have a full, active, pain-free life. Thanks Dr. De!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

He should quit surgery. He made me have worse issues after my back surgery. He needs to quit drinking red bull. If he is that exhausted from his other activities he should retire and guithe wrecking people and then saying there is nothing more he could do for me. Awful bedside manner. Go to Winnipeg 0 rating

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016