Ratings for Dr. George Valaris

Dr Valaris is a terrible pediatrician. He doesnt take the time to listen to his patients and the concerns brought forward by the parents. His current staff have no bed side manners and are rude at best. I would not recomend Dr Valaris and his staff to anyone. I have had first hand experience at the hands of Dr Valaris. I have made the switch with pediatricians and I have experienced what a true professional is all about. I highly recomend finding another pediatrician if you are still currently with Dr Valaris. You will definitely regret it if you dont.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

This doctor is a shame to the medical profession. Not sure how or why he is endorsed by the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons. After numerous complaints from various patients, perhaps they will address concerns with him. He has cared little to none for 2 special young people in my life. He has not met the medical needs of these children. He does not like to be questioned or challenged and most definitely has "God Syndrome" as unfortunately some medical doctors do. He is far from humble or eager to listen to the concerns or questions of his patients. If anyone is on this site and contemplating using him as a pediatrician for their children, my suggestion would be to run, far, far from his office!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Valaris is absolutely the worst pediatrician that I have ever met. When my son was 2 and a half his throat was serverly irritated and sore. My son was in continuous pain. Dr Valaris kept prescribing medication to heal his throat and it never worked. It was only until I asked for an X-ray to realize it was his tonsils. Needless to say my son went through a year of pain and agony before an appointment to have his tonsils removed. I have expressed many concerns about my children with Dr Valaris and none of my concerns were taken seriously. He would continue to tell me my children are fine. I guess my definition and his definition of fine are different. I found a new pediatrician who takes the time to listen and address all of my concerns without hesitation. Unfortunately my ex wife continues to take my children to Dr. Valaris and my children are now being cared for by two pediatrician which is definitely a recipe for disaster. My current pediatrician was concerned about my daughters nasal congestion and snoring so she recommended an X-ray be completed. A specialist appointment was made and it was determined that my daughters adnoids need to be removed. My ex wife disagreed without speaking to the ENT and she had Dr Valaris write a letter and cancel the surgery without consulting the ENT or even reviewing the X-rays. He has continually prescribed my son ADHD medication without my consent, to my son as I clearly stated to be against it. He has never diagnosed my son with ADHD and it wasn't only until my letter to the college of physicians and surgeons when they finally stopped prescribing the medication or what I like to call a drug. Dr Valaris should also consider a complete revamp of his current staff. They are unfriendly, rude and ignorant and so is he.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I absolutely love Dr. Valaris. My son was in the NICU for a few days. They missed the hole in his heart. My sons first appointment with Dr. Valaris he heard a murmur. immediately we had specialist appointment and tests set up. He's continually on top of everything. We take both our son and daughter to him. He's been very helpful with any and all questions I've had. Even offered advice as to where to go to get cheaper prescriptions. Even my kids love him. If I say we're going to the doctors. My kids cause zero fuss and always "oh ok I like him he a nice man".

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Valaris and his Staffa are the best. I have five kids and I have taking all of my kids to him since 2008

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr. V is a no BS kind of Dr. He hears me, he helps me, and has always spent time explaining everything. His bedside manner could be a bit better, but honestly, we don't go for a social experience, and his medical advice has always been tip top. I've always had at least 10 minute appointments, even just for refills.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Couldn't be bothered to spend more than five seconds in the office to address a concern for my newborn baby who ended up being hospitalized by another doctor later that day.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Receptionist is confrontational Dr doesn't care about patients. Seems rash and quick to make diagnosis to get out of the room without speaking with the parents. Worst bedside manner I've ever seen

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Worst doctor on Earth. Threatened to call the CAS on me for wanting to reschedule needles I was told my children wouldn't be getting that day and accused me of being an anti vaxer. Said my son's exema was fungus from me not washing him properly and told my other son girls are more brave than him cuz he cried when he pressure washed his ear canal... He had an ear infection... told me when I insisted he give him something that it was only to prove to me he doesn't have one... thank god cuz it cleared up the ear infection he had. I don't even know how this surly beast can be a pediatrician..

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Great doctor awesome service! He is amazing helped lots of people

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015