Ratings for Dr. George Valaris

Horrible , Bad should be reported to Authorities , he uses Force with children over vaccines so he can get paid

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

Worst doctor ever ...very rude and used force with both of my kids

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

After repeated misdiagnosis on both of my children I had lost faith in him. When my son was 6 or 7 he had an ear infection. He irrigated the ear (causing the infection to worsen) and told my son not to cry like a little girl while he did it. Told him he had a girl in there earlier and SHE didn't cry. After making his ear infection 10x worse (because he insisted I was wrong and there was no infection) he prescribed ear drops to "prove me wrong" which finally made my sons ear infection go away!! Took my children in to have a Check up and was told they didn't need any shots before I went. When I got there I was told they both needed 2 shots each. I asked to schedule a visit in a week or so to get the shots they need. I was told that if they didn't get them that day he would report me to CAS. One of the shots he was administering was the chicken pox vaccine. I asked what the purpose of this vaccine is and said I wanted to get information about it before it was given as it wasn't actually required at that time I had a few years to go before my son was 12. He accused me of being an anti Vaxer and threatened to dismiss me from his practice and report me. Just for asking questions about something being injected into my child. The most ridiculous part is that I fully support annoculation for disease. But chicken pox is not deadly so it seemed ridiculous to me that my son had to get that shot that day. He and his nurse proceeded to hold my child down while screaming and kicking to give him his shots. He had years of needle phobia due to this and thanks to wonderful medical professionals WHO ARE NOT Dr Valaris helping him through his recent vaccines he is now not terrified of needles any more. My children have never seen this doctor since that day and I have refused to take them there for any reason ever again. Absolutely the most horrible doctor I've ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

The Worst doctor in History , I regret not reporting him. He used force with my child to give her a flue shot which is not even mandatory at all .

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

The most condescending doctor atound. He does not take the time to even listen to parents concerns. It seems as if he has his mind already made up before your child has been assessed. I work in the health care field and this man is embarrassing. He is very narrow minded actually talked about children dying in front of my child !

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr Valaris is a terrible pediatrician. He doesnt take the time to listen to his patients and the concerns brought forward by the parents. His current staff have no bed side manners and are rude at best. I would not recomend Dr Valaris and his staff to anyone. I have had first hand experience at the hands of Dr Valaris. I have made the switch with pediatricians and I have experienced what a true professional is all about. I highly recomend finding another pediatrician if you are still currently with Dr Valaris. You will definitely regret it if you dont.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

This doctor is a shame to the medical profession. Not sure how or why he is endorsed by the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons. After numerous complaints from various patients, perhaps they will address concerns with him. He has cared little to none for 2 special young people in my life. He has not met the medical needs of these children. He does not like to be questioned or challenged and most definitely has "God Syndrome" as unfortunately some medical doctors do. He is far from humble or eager to listen to the concerns or questions of his patients. If anyone is on this site and contemplating using him as a pediatrician for their children, my suggestion would be to run, far, far from his office!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Valaris is absolutely the worst pediatrician that I have ever met. When my son was 2 and a half his throat was serverly irritated and sore. My son was in continuous pain. Dr Valaris kept prescribing medication to heal his throat and it never worked. It was only until I asked for an X-ray to realize it was his tonsils. Needless to say my son went through a year of pain and agony before an appointment to have his tonsils removed. I have expressed many concerns about my children with Dr Valaris and none of my concerns were taken seriously. He would continue to tell me my children are fine. I guess my definition and his definition of fine are different. I found a new pediatrician who takes the time to listen and address all of my concerns without hesitation. Unfortunately my ex wife continues to take my children to Dr. Valaris and my children are now being cared for by two pediatrician which is definitely a recipe for disaster. My current pediatrician was concerned about my daughters nasal congestion and snoring so she recommended an X-ray be completed. A specialist appointment was made and it was determined that my daughters adnoids need to be removed. My ex wife disagreed without speaking to the ENT and she had Dr Valaris write a letter and cancel the surgery without consulting the ENT or even reviewing the X-rays. He has continually prescribed my son ADHD medication without my consent, to my son as I clearly stated to be against it. He has never diagnosed my son with ADHD and it wasn't only until my letter to the college of physicians and surgeons when they finally stopped prescribing the medication or what I like to call a drug. Dr Valaris should also consider a complete revamp of his current staff. They are unfriendly, rude and ignorant and so is he.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I absolutely love Dr. Valaris. My son was in the NICU for a few days. They missed the hole in his heart. My sons first appointment with Dr. Valaris he heard a murmur. immediately we had specialist appointment and tests set up. He's continually on top of everything. We take both our son and daughter to him. He's been very helpful with any and all questions I've had. Even offered advice as to where to go to get cheaper prescriptions. Even my kids love him. If I say we're going to the doctors. My kids cause zero fuss and always "oh ok I like him he a nice man".

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Valaris and his Staffa are the best. I have five kids and I have taking all of my kids to him since 2008

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016