Ratings for Dr. Eduardo Ramon Jovel

Dr Eduardo Jovel is a very knowledgeable Dr. He is the best. 5 stars.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I give Dr. Jovel a excellent rating of 5 stars. i have had this doctor since 1993 , a total of 23 years this year and have never been disappointed in his work. may he have many more years.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr.jovel is one of the best practitioners in Winnipeg , he is very knowledgable and very caring to each and everyone of his patients he treats everyone with respect and if he has to spend more time with a patient he will do it without looking at his watch or pushing the patient to leave .... maybe he will be retiring in a couple of years and that will be sad for most of his patient that always relied on him as a very caring human being and a professional practitioner ... If he us late sometimes is due to his work load not only at his office but also at the hospital .

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr. Jovel could be a good doctor, but he has poor attention at the need of his patients, he loves to waits the time of his patient at the consultation period, Dr. Jovel likes to talk about politic of his former country in addition of subjects that become irrelevant for the patient. In my opinion this vicious behave put his patients life in a real dangerous, I believe "He likes to acts as a Counselor and not as a Doctor”, in addition the patients have to wait too long for be refer to a specialist doctor " no doubt he loves the money that provincial government paid for us" In my opinion this common practice has been cause of decease and increase of deaf in many of his Latin American Patients, because he persist in keeping the patients with him instead to refer to them to a Specialist Doctor - a lot of his patients die of cancer recently, for late diagnostic, poor attention , incorrect treatments - He prescribe to us medications that soon will bring us more health problems - In addition he / her assistant -Dr,'s Jovel whife- take poor attention to communicate to patients about labs test result, poor attention to paper work over all when a refer is involved. Booth need seriously improve customer service bring back the compassionate component that every health server need to carry in their blood. Dr. Jovel punctuality need to improve tremendously, It is very common to wait up to 2.5 hours sitting in the waiting room plus others .5 hours in the examination room even when an appointment has been booked prior. A patients can be 10 minutes ahead of appointment time but they (Dr. Jovel and his wife disrespect completely their patients time and urgency.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Jovel is an excellent doctor but his receptionist is horrible I don't agree that she is business like she's on the phone with personal calls I had blood test done and she took three months to call me and tell me I needed medications as soon as possible I find her very unprofessional !!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I have been a patient with Dr. Jovel for many years and only now decided to leave a review. I think he is a great doctor, compassionate, well informed and interested in his patients. There was a time when it was difficult to get an appointment but that seems much improved the last few years. Yes sometimes you have to wait, but when you do get to see him you are never rushed out and he will listen to all your concerns at once. I don't go very often anymore but at one time I had some serious health issues and he was always very supportive. The negative comments about his receptionist are not reasonable I don't think. She is certainly business like, but this is after all a business. And sometimes you get what you give.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr Jovel is an excellent doctor...He is very helpful because he takes the time to explain the medical illness and the medical treatment needed. He is very dedicated with his patients. His knowledge about diabetes and other illnesses is impressive.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr. Jovel is a fantastic Dr. He has excellent bed side manners and is attentive to the issues brought up. He has been very caring to my family when my children are ready to see a GP I will most definitly sign them up with him. He is a busy Dr. however he has always made time to provide the necessary medical care. His administrative assistant has always treated my family and I with respect and profesionalism.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

I think Dr. Jovel is probably one of the best doctors in Winnipeg. He knows what he's tlaking about and spends a long time with all his patients which is also why he always runs like 3 hours behind. I went once with my dad and we were in there for almost an hour. No other doctor will do that with any patients. He is very smart and makes you feel very confortable when you see him (im a girl). Some male doctors don't have that and just make you feel weird and unconfortable. It does take too long to see him but thats because he's so good and also works at the hospital. His secretarty is not friendly but last time I needed something she did her job and as long as you stay on what you need and call her again she will get things done. So I was actually impressed with her last time I went in to get some blood work and stuff.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

Agree with the last comment. Today is Tuesday, OCT 5th. he is not there. The message on machine is from YESTERDAY!!! DESASTER! and yes his wife needs a bit of SOCIAL SKILLS!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010