Ratings for Dr. Eduardo Ramon Jovel

For all those people that have commented that we deffened sexual harassment and allow for him to do that to his patients. You people obviously don't know Dr Jovel, we stand besides a Doctor that is respectful and carying we don't know the accuser but we know our doctor and we know he would never do such a thing. If you out of hate can judge someone that you don't even know at least take the time to know the individual before throwing accusations. I will always believe in Dr Jovel

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

In reference to the below article: Away from defending Dr Jovel as a well respected, professional and caring Doctor for his patients, it is obvious that the whole thing has been pathetic. This is a case that comebacks to life after 20 years. This so called abuses, goes both ways. Just recently there was an article on the news of a woman Member of Parliament sexually approaching a military Officer. This lady was following this officer, not just in the same city they live, but across the country. What about another lady, a few years ago that was member of the Manitoba Court system; in this case such Judge was blackmailing a person of color to have sex with her. So this means that women are braver than men in this matter and that they can get away with such abuses. Dr Jovel was our family Doctor since at least 1995, and he always treated us professionally and respectfully. He is a person that we can trust. Unlike an experience I had once, visiting a female Doctor for a pain in my stomach; while she was detecting where I had the pain, I realized the Doctor is lifting the elastic of my underwear to pick in my middle section. This had nothing to do with my stomach pain. As a result, I choose not to go back to that Doctor. So, this lady, if she felt uncomfortable with Dr Jovel, she had the choice to do the same. Please let this man live the rest of his days in peace with his family. His professional career is already ruined; what else do you want from him? The court rules should be just for every adult, no matter the gender, or sexual orientation, or religion, or ethnicity. Please stop the drama and the "Pathetic Circus".

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

The supporters for Dr Jovel that attended Court are pathetic. The circus they perform no respecting the Court rules tell very well the kind of people they are. In any case it is sad to see how women approve and defend sexual approaches by an authority. I wish this is a lecture to women that can open her eyes regarding abusive men. The Judge is an example to me, this is what we need in Manitoba. I am a woman and I want to be respected.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

DrJovel is not a good doctor. He doesn't represent the latino community, there are many doctors that speak spanish, he may be the doctor of salvadorians , which doesn't represent the spanish continent. He is living inCanada and suppose to respect the country rules. Doctors do not have intimate encounters with patients here, he has to adapt to the country ethics and regulations . Dr Jovel has a precedent of having relationship with patients, which is not at all professional or ethical in Canada and in many countries, thanks God. I am ashamed to see women backing up his behaviour and defending this doctor. No women should ever feel this is right, or we, women are reversing evolution. He is wrong, this is nothing to do with racism or the judge decision. I wish we have more judges like the one judged him. Simple speaking, or you adapt to the regulations and culture of the country that wellcome you as a political refugee or you do not live here. He is not the family physician of "all of us" , the people that wrote reviews validating his behaviour doesnt represent myself, an immigrant woman.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Doctor Jovel has been my family doctor for more than 20 years , in all those years I can say that he has been very respectful, knowledgeable, very caring and always friendly ..... because I had worked with the Spanish community for a very long time , so had my husband I can assure that people always had referred to Doctor Jovel as an excellent professional with high standards of ethics I heard this from young women and from elder women that were his patients . I never ever heard something against doctor Jovel until this past February 1st , 2018 when the community through the media ( CBC and Winnipeg Free Press ) became aware of his conviction something that the majority of his patients received with shock and disbelief, and this news has created a lot of confusion in the Spanish community specially for the people that read the article from CBC cause in the middle of the article they mentioned about" eight women had come forward since then" .... that news had to do with another doctor and not with doctor Jovel ..... doctor Jovel has been accused by a women only , that is why so many women believe in Doctor Jovel because as patients we know how he always treated us , and that is why 500 hundred people in the community have expressed their support to him through a letter .... taking into account that sometimes is so difficult for people to express themselves trough written words specially when they have to do it in English a language that many of Doctor Jovel' patients couldn't understood very well . Is amazing to know that many people was able to write those letters ..... for the person that said that Doctor Jovel doesn't represents the Latino community of course he does , he had many patients from different countries if latiniamerica including myself Ian not from the same country as doctor Jovel , so I think you are wrong in your perception, also you defend the woman who is accusing him ... do you know the woman? We his patients know doctor Jovel that is why we stand beside him ..... please remember that on may 10th at 9:30am we will gather at 408 York ave , at the Law Court Building to protest against the judge decision , who found him guilty .... for him , for the community we must be there that day .

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Dr. Jovel has been my family Doctor for approximately 25 years and I found him to be accurate with his diagnosis about my problems. He has been nothing but a great professional and a respectable member of the latino community. Unfortunately, there are people with all kind of resentments towards those who represent a successful person and write just with the intention of causing more damage to in my opinion has been a miscarriage of justice and this is not the first time this happens and certainly will not be the last. My total support to Dr. Jovel and his family during this difficult time.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

For the people that would like to help Dr Jovel we can write a letter of reference. We can drop it off at the clinic at Oakfield Medical Clinic. Address: 106- 1021 Court Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2P 1V7. You can also fax it at 204-956-1057. The letter should include your name, how long you have known him for and your personal opinion of him. You can say as much as you wish. Please remember to sign the letter. One signature per letter and because you are providing your personal opinion, the letters need to be different than the ones from your family members. We need to help and stand behind Dr Jovel during this difficult time. Just like he helped us during our difficult and vulnerable times. Letters need to be received in his office by Thursday, April 12, 2018. Podemos ayudar a Dr Jovel escribiendo una carta de referencia con nuestro nombre, cuanto tiempo tenemos de conocerlo y la opinión que tenemos de el. Una carta por persona y como es su opinión personal las cartas deben ser diferentes de las del resto de sus familiares. Apoyemos al Dr Jovel.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

DrJovel may be or not a good doctor. This is not the issue. He doesn't represent the latino community, there are many doctors that speak spanish, he may be the doctor of salvadorians , which doesn't represent the spanish continent. He is living inCanada and suppose to respect the country rules. Doctors do not have intimate encounters with patients here, he has to adapt to the country ethics and regulations . Dr Jovel has a precedent of having relationship with patients, which is not at all professional or ethical in Canada and in many countries, thanks God. I am ashamed to see women backing up his behaviour and defending this doctor. No women should ever feel this is right, or we, women are reversing evolution. He is wrong, this is nothing to do with racism or the judge decision. I wish we have more judges like the one judged him. Simple speaking, or you adapt to the regulations and culture of the country that wellcome you as a political refugee or you do not live here. He is not the family physician of "all of us" , the people that wrote reviews validating his behaviour doesnt represent myself, an immigrant woman.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Dr Jovel has been our family Dr. as well as my mother physician for as long as I can remember, and never, noticed a questionable behaviour, very professional, The BIG question is, WHY anyone will go back and forth to see a Dr that she believes is harming her? Maybe,if the case was of a 12 Year old, but at “18”we all know black and white, PLUS for “TWO YEARS”? Today, a family physician, his family and all of us, patients, some of them SERIOUSLY ILL, are anxiously waiting for a sentence that will change and affect the lives of many, knowing Dr Jovel for so many years, and with the clear understanding that he might have made a mistake with this person, I also believe that two years is way to long for anyone to be forced to do things “against her will”, I also believe that Dr. Jovel is not an aggressive fighter to use anything in his power to clear up this ugly situation, the “real truth” as always, will come up one day, but because of a Judge decision that to me is racially motivated, because he is a Doctor of LATIN roots, it will be too late to repair damage, family’s heartache, and his patients. We are a family of immigrants too, and throught rrall our years, we have seeing quite a bit of this kind of Sad, clear racial views and weird results, thanks to a weak UNJUST system. Will continue to believe in Dr Jovel as a great physician and good human being,and as such, not 100% perfect, NO one is”.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I have known DR. Jovel since I was 19 years of age. He has always been extremely professional. My mother was also his patient, "believe me ,if my mother would of not trusted him I would not have been his patient for almost 30 years". Now the big question that I have for this person whom dicieded to ruin someone's life, " if your friend and mother knew about this story you are telling" why did they not help you at the time." I'm a mother and also an immigrant here as well , and as a mother I wouldn't have let the language or political issues from the country where I was born be the reason not to try to find justice for one of my kids . Now the other question I have for the friend " why didn't you help at the time" I believe that you and your mother and friend needed extra time to collaborate the perfect story to destroy a Reputable Dr.s life . I Sandra Quiroz believe in you Dr. Jovel and the truth will set you free. Dr. Jovel I Sandra Quiroz believe in you, and the truth will set you free.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018