Ratings for Dr. Shajahan Deen

Dr.Deen has been my doctor since birth as well. Like most people, I saw him religiously as a child and veered far as a teen. You are correct, he does not have bedside manners but what are you people looking for? Think of the amount of patients he sees a day, then a month, and then a year... he knows what he is doing. A family member of mine left Deen due to his mannerism only to regret it after as the new doctor was more interested in "feelings" than being a doctor. Deen does what he can to ensure his appointments are on time as not even someone of his calibre can control for his patients desire to complain for eons. Suck it up. As for the "dragon lady", given her experience in the office, I have called her just to ask her what she thinks and usually she is right. Since Deen has announced his retirement I have not seen another doctor as no doctor will compare. I guess there is always WEBMD.com. Thank you Dr.Deen.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Dr. Deen has been my family doctor since I was born (21 years ago). Naturally, I saw him quite often as I was growing up for check ups and shots. I went for a long period of time, approximately 7 years (between the ages of 13 and 20) where I never set foot in his office. A few months ago I went through a very difficult time and went to go see him. I was absolutely terrified of going to see him, and I let him know that. He was VERY compassionate and sensitive to my situation. He listened to all my concerns and everything I had to say. Dr. Deen was very patient with me, even when I did not follow his advice. I felt like he really tried to cater to my situation. He told me on several occasions that his office was always open to me, even if I just wanted to talk. I sincerely appreciate everything he did for me. Dr. Deen, you told me that you sometimes come on here and read these comments -- thank you for everything :)

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Deen has been our family doctor for 40 years. He is not a talker, he is not for socializing. He doesn't believe in fast or processed food and he doesn't like to prescribe medications unnessesarily. If you don't want to work to get healthy, don't see Dr. Deen. He will tell you to eat right, and to excersize. If you don't want to do those things, find another doctor. If you want a doctor who will see you on a moment's notice, and who will not give you pills you don't need, then Deen is your man. Dr. Deen will do what he needs to do to get you well, but you must be willing to make healthy choices in your life. Deen will stress this to you. The best thing about Deen is that you can call him with an urgent matter, and he will see you that day.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

I think I've finally decided to get another doctor. I've had some chronic pain in my toe for a while, and I figured it was an ingrown toenail. I looked up some solutions online, but went to the doctor anyway. He basically gave me the same answers I found online (In fact, he suggested some gauze under the nail.. which sites warn against due to the fact that the gauze can promote infection), and said he thinks the pain may not be due to the nail. I was surprised by this. Benefiting from a doctor's judgement is why I go, instead of just completely relying on the internet. I asked him what it was, and explained that it's been ongoing for a long time, but he said I'm at risk of developing gout because I'm overweight, and just left the room without saying a word.. I had to shout out the door 'Thanks doc?' to know if it was time for me to leave or not. I looked up gout later, and the symptoms don't match where it hurts at all. So... WTF? Why is it so hard to get Deen to help?

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

What a waste! Of all the doctors I waited for, I picked this guy! I regret it. He is bitter bitter bitter. He is rude, condescending, uncaring, and seems put off by questions. I'd hate to be this guy's neighbor. The only thing he seems to be good at is keeping the line moving. Yes, that he can do - you won't be in the waiting room very long. Here's another complaint, can he NOT once, just once, do an ear check-up without adding more pain?? I agree with earlier comments, he doesn't believe in allergists, is reluctant to send you to a specialist, hates giving physicals, and goes bananas if you ever went to a clinic - he holds a grudge for life, if you ever went to a clinic. If you're looking for a doctor, take my advice, RUN! Run from this guy, unless you like the drill sergeant mentality.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2008

I found this website based on a little research I decided to do on Dr. Deen and to my surprise after reading all the comments, it is clear the majority rules. It is not a coincidence that so many people are rating him poorly. He is obviously falling short somewhere, my experience seems to be somewhat similar Dr. Deen doesn't put in the time or compassion for his patients, he rushes you out of his office and makes you feel like you are bothering him when you probe him for more information. I would not refer any of my friends to him because he is really not a good doctor, after seeing him you feel like you need a second opinion. This is really sad, had I known I would have save myself a lot of grief. Well, I will continue to do more research on him probably I will find more surprises!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

I don't understand who these other people are dealing with but I have had nothing but top notch service from this office

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

If he knows anything i'm still waiting to see that. I know he is a prick and i avoid him at all cost. Maybe that's what he wants anyway. God help you when you need a physical, this guy has you undress and then leaves the door open for his wife and the secretary to get heir jollies. yeah prick!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

My family were some of Dr Deen's first patients. He delivered me and my sisters and the only thing I can say is, his wife is nice! He dismisses everything without properly asssessing the situation. He treats you as if you're wasting his time and HE'S the one doing you a favour by even seeing you. The Secretaries he's had are rude, moronic and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS tell you the wrong appointment date and time. He gets mad when you go to the hospital before going to see him. The only person in the office that truly cares is his wife. I wish i could change doctors.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Does not LISTEN to patients concerns. Rushes patients in and out. Doesn't take the time to try and diagnose ailments, just brushes off any concerns. Can't think of a positive thing to say about him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007