Ratings for Dr. Hillel Sommer

He was to the point but respectful in the way he did this. Apologized for e late and he was only 15 minutes late! He is the first Dr in years who actually examined me instead of taking my word.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I had back issues for many years. This was all cause by my military service This time after and MRI last month I now have a bigger problem with my lower spine and disks bulginess I can’t use my left leg very well NO POWER and lost of sensation in my right lower leg (hard to walk, going up stairs or exercise) Had to stop playing hockey last year, Never mind losing weight And yes he cut you off all the time when your trying to explain your problems I was first ask if I smoke (I do cigars) then drink and how much ,when ect…. REALLY I’m 50 some Do I exercise? You’re kidding right !!!! Ref: No power in my legs (He didn’t get that I guess) Was told to change my life style, stop smoking, drinking, watch my calories and exercise. So he will refer me back to PanAm for core exercises . NICE Let’s just say I’m getting a second opinion. That’s the end of him

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Hillel is a pompous, arrogant, incompetent fool. I can't believe the medical association allows such a dishonest, incompetent person to claim to be a doctor. DO NOT see this guy, and especially if MPI sends you for a referral. He's on their payroll. His assessment is a joke, and you will receive no good treatment from this person. He is rude as the other person notes, and having sold his soul for the almighty buck it's no wonder he is so angry and generally awful. He is the most incompetent physician I have met. Yes, time for him to stop playing at medicine, or to get a heart implant. KEEP AWAY! seriously!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Will ask a question, but cuts you off before you can answer. He looks down at you. You feel like you are wasting his time. I don't believe he has the ability to communicate properly with his patients. The rudest doctor I have ever met. I feel sorry for him as he seems to be so unhappy with his job, taking care of the general public. Maybe it is time for Dr. Sommer to retire.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I found Dr. Sommer to be abrupt, arrogant and lacking empathy. If you are an athlete with an acute injury he might be useful, but based on my experience, he seems to have little or no ability to empathize with individuals who are experiencing chronic pain and no advice or treatment program save vague recommendations about exercise. When I pointed out to him that I had tried different forms of exercise and that the pain associated both with my acute injury and my fibromyalgia had been exacerbated by physical activity he had nothing further to offer. If he had at any point shown even a modicum of sympathy, if he had explained which types of exercise might work and why, if he had said: "Try this and come back if it doesn't work," I might have felt differently. Instead, I left feeling as though I had wasted his time. The feeling was mutual.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I too had a horrible experience with this so called Doctor. I was sent to see him by my go to set up cortizone shots for pain and INSTEAD his recommendation was to take me off my meds. What???? He also told me like others here to lose weight & exercise which is absolutely impossible if you can't even walk !!!! He is the most arrogant , narcissistic dr I have ever met ! No wondering was the only one in his waiting room ! I will never go back. I told my go about my experience and asked her to send me to someone else AND not to refer anyone else to him. It's dispicable that he is paid for all these appointments that are a total waste of time and that make you feel both bad about yourself ( due to his arrogance ) and angry at the same time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I saw this guy and left his office wondering why I bothered. Arrogant and ignorant. I was an HD Mechanic for 40 years so I have some significant back issues. He asked my weight, I told him and he said I should be 170. I wasn't that weight since I was 17! Then he asked if I smoked. I told him I have a cigar on Saturday nights. That was too much! When he asked about my heart attack, I told him they really didn't conclude anything as to the cause. When I explained the circumstances, he said that was impossible. I went to see him to help me with my back so I can loose about 15 lbs and get my cardio health improved. In the end, he said to come back and see him when I lost 40 lbs, quit smoking for two years and my cardio health was 100%. This guy is a jerk.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I like many others I read the posts on this site before visiting Dr. Sommer. Then when I found out how long a wait it was until I could see him and due to the posted comments, I asked the doctor who referred me to him if there was someone else he could refer me to. He smiled and said if you want the best you’ll wait to see Dr Sommer. At the time of my appointment I was in severe pain, and had been taking a lot of medication. We discussed my symptoms and what I hoped to accomplish from my visit. I just wanted to feel free of pain and not dependant on medication. After viewing my MRI report, X-rays and with a thorough examination, he suggested nerve injection shots. We discussed the pros and cons of the injections and he asked if I had any further questions. Also, his staff was very friendly, and arranged for the injection appointment. I received a nerve injection and wow, the pain is gone. I understand it may not work for all cases but I was a lucky one. I have seen more doctors that I can count over the past 40 years and there were some with no manners or morals. I found Dr Sommer very professional, intelligent, and patient, willing to listen and answer any questions. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Seeing this doctor was a complete waste of time and money to go see him. He was not helpful at all. All he said was to exercise even though I am unable. He does not care and leaves his patients to suffer. I would rather see a vetnarian than go back to this uncaring jerk!!!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Hillel Sommer's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "He was to the point but respectful in the way he did this. Apologized for e late and he was only 15 minutes late! He is the first Dr in years who actually exami..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had back issues for many years. This was all cause by my military service This time after and MRI last month I now have a bigger problem with my lower spine ..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Hillel is a pompous, arrogant, incompetent fool. I can't believe the medical association allows such a dishonest, incompetent person to claim to be a doctor. DO..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Will ask a question, but cuts you off before you can answer. He looks down at you. You feel like you are wasting his time. I don't believe he has the ability to..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. " I found Dr. Sommer to be abrupt, arrogant and lacking empathy. If you are an athlete with an acute injury he might be useful, but based on my experience, he se..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I too had a horrible experience with this so called Doctor. I was sent to see him by my go to set up cortizone shots for pain and INSTEAD his recommendation was..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw this guy and left his office wondering why I bothered. Arrogant and ignorant. I was an HD Mechanic for 40 years so I have some significant back issues. He..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I like many others I read the posts on this site before visiting Dr. Sommer. Then when I found out how long a wait it was until I could see him and due to the p..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Seeing this doctor was a complete waste of time and money to go see him. He was not helpful at all. All he said was to exercise even though I am unable. He ..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The Dr was great, he was on time, professional, and treated me very quickly. I would recommend him to anyone with chronic back pain."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Very abrupt and rude, will not take the time to explain your situation and suggest routes of action. I ended up not returning to see him as it felt there was no..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was also told that there was no treatment for my back pain except to lose weight and exercise. Easy to say but impossible to do when you are in severe pain. ..."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing about a wonderful experience with Dr. Sommer. He is very professional and gets straight to the point. He has helped me though one of the most pa..."

September 23, 2014