Ratings for Dr. Constantine Raphtis

All about the money is right on with this dr! Seen a previous dr before him and they never mentioned surgery, but with Dr. Raphtis that was the first suggestion! Remove the tumor and do a total hysterectomy! My worse nightmare! Not to mention the sling that he suggested that would help lift me afterwards, my biggest mistake ever! Came out of surgery with major bladder spasms and had to Be Catherized with a bag for three weeks before I could urinate again! Ended up getting diagnosed with myasthenia gravis right after surgery! Apparently my body was trying to fight of the sling inside me! Now I’m left with this awful disease for the rest of my life! Wish I would of never listened to him!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

Dr. Raphtis is nice enough when you see him and seems empathetic. However, when speaking to him about my fibroids, he kept suggesting I do a partial hysterectomy saying how "easy" the procedure is now and it is removed vaginally. I think in his mind that somehow sounded comforting. Although my cycle is heavy and there can be some intense pain at times, I told him that is more than I am ready for. When I asked about alternatives, it was as if he had no real interest in giving me options other than do nothing. It was hard to believe there is no in between, so I persisted and he said he would refer me to another doctor who could go into more depth about other options. This never happened. I stopped by and called but never got a response and the staff didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I didn't go back after that. I have since found an ob/gyn who is not only great, but also a surgeon and I am already scheduled to have the fibroids removed.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Love the staff... they do their best.... love the personality of the doctor if I were his friend.. but as far as running a medical practice... awful. Wait time always more than an hour... problems with paperwork billing address change, etc.... and never a call back with results or to answer questions... weeks can go by without a response... so unprofessional when patient could be sick or worried . I feel he doesn't understand that there is more than just the exam. The follow up and communication are just as important!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Staff is efficient and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

The whole staff in this office is very friendly and helpful, they make you feel extremely comfortable. Dr. Raphtis is amazing and again makes you feel extremely comfortable. Only down fall is the wait time, you always wait.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I saw Dr. Raphtis and left in the 7th month of my pregnancy. I had some bad blood test results which he never mentioned or saw a problem with. As soon as I saw them for myself 5 months later I asked him about it. He did/said nothing. I got into a new practice right away. My little boy is disabled and I will always wonder if the reason why is because I was not treated for an easily treated medical problem early on in my pregnancy. The first thing my new doctor did was put me on meds for my problem immediately, in fact she was very very upset at the situation.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr.Raphtis is the best doctor out there... he's very compassionate and very respectful. He delivered my first child and now I'm pregnant with my second child and I know he's going to be a great doctor for this child.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Had Dr. Raphitis for my first pregnancy! On my last weekly routine visit (40 weeks) he had asked me if I wanted to be induced and I had replied yes!! He proceeded to tell me it was his weekend off from the hospital but that he would come in and do my delivery ( never asked him to do that but I thought it was very sweet of him)!! I went home grabbed my bag and proceeded to the hospital. I told the staff that my doctor sent me and they began giving me everything I needed to get going! Labor progressed very slowly and about 18 hours into labor dr. Raphitis showed up ( estimated time 3 am). He came into my room, asked me how long I had been here and why??? I was soooo confused!!!! ( I was thinking, to myself, you told me to come here)!! he then told them to turn down my epidural because i was not " feeling enough" to push effectively! To make things even more weird, he left and I had a doctor that I had never met deliver my daughter without any knowledge of it! (1 of 2)

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Raphtis' for the last 15 years and have found him to be an exceptional physican. He is bright, compassionate, and understanding when rendering medical services - always going above and beyond to ensure his that his patient receives the best care possible. He has really been my primary care physican for the decade and I am delighted to give him my unqualified endorsement. All physicans should be so committed to excellence!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

I am glad to see that I am not the only person who has had a negative experience with Dr. Raphtis. I went to him for many years and in the beginning I thought he was the best doctor ever. During the early years he was concerned and dedicated but then I started to notice a definite change in him and his practice. I agree with the other comments that he is all about the money. Without a lot of detail, he misdiagnosed me with a condition that I ended up not having that entailed procedures I did not require and medication that I did not need to take. I had to go to a lot of doctors to get things straightened out. All I can say is do your homework. If you aren't having problems he will be OK but there are a lot of good doctors out there and in my opinion Dr. Raphtis is not one of the better ones.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Dr. Constantine Raphtis's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med