Ratings for Dr. Keng Lao Fong

I loved having Dr Fong as my Dr I will miss him once he retires at the end of the month. He is like family!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I am now 25 years old, he has been my doctor since i was 8 years old, the waits are very long, but it has always been like that. He was always great, but when I got int a car accident i suffer from really bad migraines and headaches, a lot of the pain starts from my neck and works its way up. I find he belittles my symptoms and i feel like im asking too much when i say i need pain medications. I do suffer with a lot of pain but he is reluctant to prescribe me with what i need. he sends me home with 20 Tylenol 3s to last me 3 weeks in which i need 2-3 per day to ease the pain. 20 doesn't last 2-3 weeks! I feel frustrated by him not giving me the proper help. its not just the pain meds, its always been this way with me. It feels like he implies these things are in my head and fluffs me off. i am changing my family doctor. I feel sad though because he has been my doctor for a really long time, but i need somebody who will take me seriously.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr Fong has been my familys doctor my entire life, but now as im getting older i find him very unhelpful. Every time i have a problem he seems to give me quick fixes which cause me to have to come back to his office or the hospital over and over. When i needed a gynecologist (or any specialist for that matter), he refused to refer me to one. He does my gynecology stuff but he never explains me whats going on so im completely in the dark about why im taking certain meds, and he dosent seem to be completely up to date and knowledgeable when i talk to him about gynecology stuff. I get more info from free clinics or the internet. He is very compassionate, and a great guy but otherwise unhelpful. Furthermore, it is very hard to understand him sometimes when he is talking, expect to be in the waiting room a long time, and the secretarial desk constantly mixed up my contact info.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

Dr Fong has been my famiy's doctor for over 25 years. He is great. The waits are long but it is because he squeezes in emergency people, when they call. I know he has done it for me, so I don't complain. His medical staff are really nice. He used to have a medical assistant/receptionist who was a big, older, grey haired lady who wasn't very nice. Thank goodness she retired. Nice staff now. Dr. Fong and his staff are really good to my elderly parents. We are very lucky to have him for a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

Dr. Fong is great!!!!!!!!!!! I've been seeing him for 20 years now, since I was 2 years old. Just recently I have been having a few differnet medical issues and he has done a very good job taking care of me and getting me lab work done or referring me to specialist. He is very caring and listens very well as well he is a very knowledgeable man. I feel very lucky to have such a great doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Dr. Fong, Is a caring Dr. He does not hesitate to ask another Dr. for advice if he doesn't know what illness is affecting you, he does great follow ups. I am 50 and had him as a Dr.since about 18 yrs old.My hair has gotten gray his has gotten darker. My whole family goes to him and I have to say the children and Grandchildren love him the best. Actually my husband hates Dr. but really respects the type of Dr he is and does not hesitate to go as needed. Kind caring man and we love him and his support.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr Fong was my family doctor from birth until 2 years ago ... Great doctor, always late but you get used to it and know that it is because he does not rush through patients, he takes the time to make sure you get questions answered and that you leave feeling content with his answers ... The only area I have concerns with is how easily he writes prescriptions based on what you say, rather than really checking to see if you need to the drugs ... other than that he is a great doctor who really cares about his patients ... he also has some of the best nurses ... they always remember who you are and make you feel so welcome upon entering the clinic ...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

He has been my doctor for many years, and seeems to be very thorough

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Fong is wonderful! he takes the time to really help you. I use to go to another doctor who couldnt even remember my name!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

On one visit, he was actually on time. I was very confused and told the nurse that I couldn't go in to the examination room until I had waited in the waiting area for at least 20 minutes. That scenario has never repeated itself. I have been seeing Dr. Fong for over 10 years. I used to see a doctor who saw me faster, but would not spend more than 5 minutes with me. It's nice to have a doctor who takes the time to build rapport with his (or her) clients. You don't see that so much in the growing trend of walk in clinics and "instant" medicine.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007