Ratings for Dr. Sean Grondin

Excellent physician and surgeon. From our first meeting I felt I could trust him. My surgery was a success and I was lucky to have been his patient.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr. Grondin did surgery on me three months ago. First impression, I did not like his beside manner but my opinion has totally changed. This Doctor is so knowledgeable, kind and a fantastic surgeon who truly cares about his patients. His bedside manner is number one and in fact on many occasions I have made him crack a smile. I would not have any one else touch my body. I am now healthy still on the road to recovery but he assures me that life will get better with time. I owe him my life.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Grondin did a nissen fundoplication on me for GERD way back in 2005. I had no complications and no symptoms for the last 10 years. I always liked talking to me and he always talked to me like I was a real person unlike other specialists I've talked to. My initial surgery date was bumped for a more urgent case but I had no issues with that as most of his patients are lung cancer patients and they should have priority! My experience at the Foothills was also really good.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Whenever we visit Dr. Grondin, the visits are stressful, the information changes from the beginning of the visit to the end and he is rude, yells and is generally abusive, banging on his desk, etc. He is a big bully. My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer in April and has already had one surgery to remove a lower right lobe. Now he has to have part of the left lung removed but Dr. Grondin said that if we don't make up our minds about either surgery, radiation or doing nothing by the next app't, he is firing us as patients. Today Dr. Grondin made comments like, "It's not my fault you smoked for 40 years" "I don't have a crystal ball, I don't know why you have pain in the chest, I'm not God" So many rude, disparaging comments. It is sad for a man who has lung cancer and needs help to have to see a bully like Dr. Grondin. I'm sure he has the knowledge, he's been a surgeon for many years but he doesn't seem to have any respect for us. We have so much stress now in trying to decide what to do as he gave us a deadline or we are no longer his patient.

Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr. Grondin is an amazing doctor and man! He deserves 6 stars. What doctor ever calls a wife to let her know how things went??? Dr. Grondin does....love that man....now we only hope for good pathology reports :)

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr.Grondin's coming up 3 years now. When I first found out I would need surgery to remove a tumor from my chest I was terrified and my world was changed forever. Dr.Grondin has this aura about him, where he makes you feel safe and in good hands. He is a straight shooter and comes off as very knowledgeable and kind. I have nothing but love and respect for this man, he is my hero. His bedside manner while I was in the hospital post surgery was excellent, he came to see me everyday and would always leave me with hope and confidence. I know see him every 6 months and It's a highlight of my year. I wish I could think of a way to repay him for all he has done for me. He will always have my gratitude and this man deserves all the happiness available to him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I have nothing but praise for Dr. Grondin! He is a wonderful talented surgeon, kind and compassionate! I would recommend anyone needing a Cardiothoracic Surgeon to see Dr. Grondin and he is not hard on the eyes either lol

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Simply the Best. I had a malformation called Lung Sequestration, and my Lower Left Lobe was removed last week at the Foothills Hospital. All his team is awesome!. Months ago he dedicated me 1 hour explaining me all my options and everything was according with the plan. He helped me with the decision, and I always had the perception that everything was under his control (before, during and after the surgery). He transmits confidence. He is intelligent, dedicated and respectful. If I have to put my life on his hands again, I will do it without any doubt. I was in Hospital one week, and he visited me every morning. After surgery he phoned my wife letting her know that everything was right. The following day I left the Hospital, he phoned me at home in order to confirm if I had a good night without pain. This guy is wonderful !

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

5 years ago I had half a ling removed by Dr. Grodin. I just finished doing the Sartan Race in Calgary 2012. I am 61 years of age. He is the best Doctor going.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2012

Excellent surgeon. He explained everything upfront and that made me feel more confident and calm. Right before the surgery he sat down with me and my husband and went through eveything again. He promised to call my husband after the surgery and he did. Whatevere he said he will do, he did. There were no surprises.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012