Ratings for Dr. Pamela L. Kurtzhals

Dr. Kurtzahls was an absolute blessing! I felt like she was a friend who had my best interest at heart from my first appointment. She has a great sense of humor and made me feel very comfortable and at ease through the most difficult time in my life. Between her and Dr. Pacella my mastectomy turned out beautifully...way better than I ever could have expected. I now have a follow up appointment with her to schedule my mastectomy on my other breast and reconstruction with Dr. Pacella at the same time. I am not nervous one bit because I know I am in good hands. Once this is over I will be back to living my normal life CANCER FREE thank God! I recommend Dr Kurtzahls to everyone!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

During my first visit, she used the "f***" work 8 times referring to my referring doctor. I had similar experience as the patient that wrote the review below. 30 minutes before my second partial mastectomy, she entered my room very emotionally reactive. Her voice became louder and louder, as she first tangentially asked me if I wanted to be alive in 10 years (presumably relating to if I had chosen to not having the second surgery to make sure all margin were clear--but there I was. I'd already made the decision to have the surgery and had gone through all pre-op. She then yelled and declared "no one wants to talk to you" because I had recently provided critical feedback to a staff member regarding my treatment with her and her cancer team. When I began crying due to shock, fear and hurt, she threatened to not perform the surgery scheduled in 30 minutes! I asked her to lower her voice and speak more slowly. Only then did she regain some professional composure. I no longer have any trust in her. If I need any further breast cancer surgical treatment, I will avoid her. Be warned. You (and I) deserve much better respect, caring and communication.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Although very friendly at first, she considers questions and requests for explanations a personal affront - the sign of an insecure doctor. You as the patient are not entitled to a personal opinion on your own care. You are just another person with a problem. I saved my life by switching my care to a doctor who was caring and compassionate and listened to what I had to say. He found another cancerous tumor that Kurtzhals had left behind because she refused to listen to me and refused to scan another area that did indeed have a tumor. Stay away, her incompetence could kill you.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

She took time with me helping understand what needed to be done, without pressure. Very professional, yet very caring, humble and funny. I was fortunate to have met her for my medical condition.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

The most professional, kind and caring Physician I've ever met.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Dr. Pamela L. Kurtzhals's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Oxford