Ratings for Dr. Beverly Rutherford

I have often waited for over an hour for my scheduled appointment. On the flip side this Dr. does listen quite intently and expresses concern and validates mine(I am guessing she does this for everone, which is why she runs so late). She is good at investigating causes for health conditions and has often called me at home to let me know what she has found. My only major complaint is how difficult it is to get in to see her. I have had some serious medical conditions arise and have been told I would have to wait 3 weeks because there was no temp Dr. filling in while she was away on holidays. I have had a serious incontinuity of care because I could not wait and had to go to drop in clinics and to Emerg to get treatment that should be done by my GP. I like this Dr. but may be forced to find another.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

I went to see Doctor Rutheford as my family doctor. First of all the receptionists were rarely helpful. Second of all, it was like pulling teeth to get a prescription out of her. She would rather you "tough it out" then give you the prescription you need. Also she has no idea how to handle asthma. Instead of honestly telling me that, she just faked her way through appointments. When I addressed these concerns with her. She simply removed me from her patients list without asking me first.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

I was going through a very hard time both physically and emotionally. She took me on as her patient even though she wasn't taking anymore on. After years of telling Doctors that something was wrong with me, and constantly being misdiagnosed...she ultimately found out what was wrong, in a very short period of time. She always took my concerns seriously...spent as much time with me while I had an apointment (often that was as much as 30 min)...and yes, she did share her spiritual beliefs with me...which was always welcome, even though I don't walk the faith myself. I can say, with honesty that I wish more Doctors had her compassion and dedication...she truly impacted my life and she will be missed!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

As a a teenager I felt Very uncomfortable going to this doctor. She was cold and awkward. I did not feel comfortable asking her questions. Now that I am an adult, I realize that she was very unprofessional and that my questions were not a big deal, at all!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Technically she is a good doctor. I had to leave her and seek another doctor around five years ago because I did not like how she mixed religion with medicine. She had religious calanders and pictures all around her office. It was quite obvious that she was a born again Christian. I really don't care what religion my doctor is as long as he/she is competent. When it clouds your judgement and it did on at least 2 occaisions, I have a problem and don't feel comfortable that I am getting the best care. I left and don't regret it.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

I was 34 and unhappily married. I really wanted a family and did get pregnant. However, my husband was not getting the promised help he needed (psyciatric) and I decided to end the pregnancy. I did not want to raise a child in a single parent home or with someone who may have not been emotionally stable enough. When I went to see Dr Rutherford for a referral for an abortion she did not help me. It was against her religious views. I had to go to a private clinic where I had to pay but received excellent care. The clinic wanted me to report Dr Rutherford because doctors can not use their religious beliefs when determining care. I did not report her and the only reason I didn't was because it was so hard to get a new doctor in this province. She has now left and I have a found a new female doctor - I am so relieved.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr Rutherford is wonderful...the best doctor I've ever had or will have. I appreciate her concern for not only my physical state but also spiritual and emotional.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Going to miss her. I hope she returns to Winnipeg after she finishes her travels.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2007

Dr. Rutherford has been my Dr. for a couple years. I went through some tough times and Had to see her quite frequently. She is very Considerate, caring and concerned with each individual. She goes out of her way to make sure your cared for. She is religous, but I still feel confortable to talk to her about anything. Time the waiting room is normal and fast paced for most Dr's offices.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

I have been thrilled with Dr.Rutherfords care. I have never had an issue with having to wait anymore than maybe 20mins. I have never felt rushed in her office or uneasy about discussing any topics wit her, regardless of her religious opinions?? (She has also NEVER made any references , in ANY way, about her religion or her views during my visits). She has been very thorough in all my dealings with her, and has exceeded my expectations at times. (My MOM, who is NOT her patient, suffers from a rare health condition. Dr.Rutherford did not know much about the disease state and on her own time researched further so she could discuss it with me further at my next appointment. I was very impressed and appreciative of her efforts). I am very disappointed to be losing her as my Dr. as she is leaving in the fall when the clinic closes. I used to work in Pharma sales and have called on MANY Dr.s, I am very thankful to have had HER as my Doc, while I did!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007