Ratings for Dr. Paul Duprat

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 1 week ago, his staff were very helfpul and friendly, and doctor duprat was very knowledgable. He did a great job, he really knows his stuff. I healed up with no complications, and minimal swelling and pain. I did spend a lot of time in the waiting room due to complications earlier that morning. (over an hour)I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to get their wisdom teeth out.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

All the reviews here had me thinking twice about taking my daughter here to have her wisdom teeth taken out. He actually turned out to be very helpful and was also friendly and put my daughter right at ease as she was very nervous about having this procedure done. We had no issues with him or his office staff what so ever.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once. Only 1 was bothering me but the Dr. told me he would only remove it if I had all 4 removed at once & I could only make an appointment if I paid upfront. While in his office, he looked at my xrays, gave me a memorized speech about the procedure that I'm sure he gives several times a day, all without looking my way once. I told him that I'd like to be awake during the procedure and he agreed. On the day of the procedure, I was asked how much I weighed so that they could estimate how much drugs to give me. He told me that I should lose weight because my veins (which are clearly visible, I do not need to lose weight!) didn't stick out like his did (he used his hand as an example). He gave me too much medication & I was out before he finished injecting the entire contents of the syringe into my IV. I was woken up & told to leave because the procedure was over. I was unable to walk without support. In the end, I healed fine without any complications.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

I had my wisdom teeth taken out by this man with no complications and minimal swelling. I appreciated his very direct and to the point manner upon our first meeting. I wasn't there to be his friend, I was there to get my teeth out. I was very direct back and he seemed appreciative of that. If you're looking for someone to hold your hand, don't go here, however if you're wanting something done right, I would recommend paying this guy a visit. His staff were also very direct, but they were always polite and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

3/3 I say that because once I was out in recovery/observation for a few minutes a nurse comes up to my bedside, asks the person there with me to give us some privacy and asks me if I know weather or not I have aids, hiv, hepatitis etc.. Needless to say my already high blood pressure and heart rate climed even higher. It felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest or explode and oh ya I was already on oxygen. Well I guess someone in the surgery theater was pricked with one of my needless. So I’m guessing it was stressful environment in there to say the least! I couldn’t urinate for 5 hours my body was so traumatized. Then the observation nurse kicked me out in just over an hour saying that’s all most ppl need, I could hardly walk. I don’t remember his staff being that pleasant either. Beware of this man!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

I had made this appointment 3 months prior to have my husband's impacted wisdom tooth removed...I had confirmed that he didn't want IV sedation , didn't want a consult, just wanted it out. When he went in, they hooked him up to a heart moniter, and had a tray of nasty looking tools right in front of his face. Dr. Duprat proceeded to tell my husband that he would definately be wanting IV sedation, because it was going to be a nasty job. When my husband askedif he could consult with me (in the waiting room) Dr. D was very rude and would not allow it. He insisted that we reappoint in a couple months for the IV sedation. When the receptionist gave us an insurance estimate...I understood the whole IV scam....it doubles his fee...making the procedure almost $700! I did convince them to do it without IV that day, but by then my husband was too angry at this arrogant SOB to give him the business. Go anywhere else, the guy's a bully who uses scare tactics to make a fortune.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Yes his bedside manner is something to be desired, but he did a wonderful job with extracting my wisdom teeth! The discomfort that I have is nothing compared to what others have had!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Although his bedside matter is pretty well nonexistent, he seems to know what he is doing. Got 4 wisdom teeth extracted - all went well. Little pushy to do 4 wisdom teeth at once but it was worth it in the end. Anyone who has only done 1 or 2 at a time knows what its like to try and go back. Depending on the day - there are two sides to this man. He can be a joker or he can be rude. Overall, I would recommend him to do others wisdom teeth.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

I was referred to Duprat when I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I went for a consultation and decided to get the IV sedation. I was EXTREMELY nervous the day of the surgery, and he didn't make it mucy easier with his RUDE attitude. But I must say, I've heard nothing but good things about his work, and I trusted him 100%. I don't remember much at all, there was no swelling, and my mouth healed perfectly. It was the easiest visit to the dentist I've ever had!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

I have a latex allergy I was lying on the table and he had forgot to put it in my charts and I had to spend 1/2 lying there while they got the latex free stuff. I had a dry root and went to his office and his nurse jammed a needle in it I have never felt so much pain she didn't diagnose it I had to go to doctor Hayward he helped and Dr Duprat named the nerves in me gums and cheek.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008