Ratings for Dr. Norbert Viallet

2009 had a lot of sickness. Fear of cancer. Lump on neck had 3 biopsies and Dr. V was not satisfied with the outcome of them. So, he decided to operate immediately. I had 5 Lymph Nodes removed, 1 Submandibular Gland totally removed. I had a scar. Not big deal about a scar if it means you getting a clean bill of health. He is a comedian, but can be serious, answer all your fears/questions. He is very well versed in his field and I think we are fortunate he is here in MB. I would recommend a person look beyond his "unique greeting" and realize how lucky they are to be with a Dr. as his calibre. I read some of these reviews, and I think it is unfair. I was told "everything" that he was thinking, what to expect, I was never alone as the nurses' he has following him are just great. So, do not let a review stop you from forming your own opinion. I wish Dr. V only the best, and I will be seeing him soon for a follow up after this many years. He's a wonder!😇

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Always on time, his staff are wonderful, and he put me instantly at ease. He is not one to suggest surgery unless warranted. He is highly knowledgeable and personable. All of the associate doctors are of a high calibre.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

So far I have had two appointments with Dr. Viallet and he will be operating on me in a matter of weeks. Yes, I am scared, but he makes me feel at ease. I am not looking forward to my thyroidectomy but I am glad to have a supportive and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Oral Leukoplakia was discovered by my dentist. I was then referred to a dental specialist which would've cost me $180 for the exam and then an extra $400 for the procedure of a biopsy of the leukoplakia. I spoke with my family doctor and he felt I should be seen by an ENT and referred me to Dr. Viallet. Dr. Viallet was able to do the procedure and the consult free of charge. Plus he was proactive in my situation as he said. "We could biopsy the leukoplakia or we could remove all of it and this would avoid having to return to have it removed at a later date depending on the results". I felt comfortable with his approach and knowledge to my case.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

it just doesn't get any better. This man is frank, forthright, knowledgeable and to the point. Not much else need be said.. oh yes, and he saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I was referred to him to perform a biopsy on a tumor in my throat, and was not prepared for the healing process from what ended up being a double-biopsy... so the pain I suffered for the next several days was not exactly anticipated (the biopsies were not even explained until as they occurred). I had to wait about 6 weeks for the results as the concern was of course cancer, and I was not warned about the emotions I would experience waiting for the news, I was not even given a pamphlet. More should of been done to warn me of what I would experience, and given resources for this.. several weeks into the waiting period for the results I attempted to take my life but was found in time and rushed to ER... I did not know how to cope with the tremendous feeling of fear and alienation from friends and family... (apparently running away and/or suicide is very common but I was not warned, and neither was my family) Despite all this, he is a very polite and respectful person who does try to make you comfortable in his presence, and seems to genuinely care.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Don't trust Dr.Viallet with what he says. He's a smooth talker that doesn't acknowledge your concerns. My mother had a lymph-node gland swollen for awhile and she asked him to look at it. He chuckled and said it was a cyst.My mom went for another opinion and the new doctor said it was a lymph-node. When she went back to Viallet he looked at it again and said oh ya it does look like a lymph-node. What kind of head and neck specialist doesn't know the difference between a lymph-node and a cyst????

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Viallet just completed my partial thyroidectomy. (removed the right half of my thyroid) I am so happy that Dr. Viallet was my doctor and surgeon. He is respectful, reassuring, confident and follows through with what he says he is going to do. I was terrified about my procedure and surgery. He took the time to answer all of my questions each time and I felt very comfortable both in his office and at St. Boniface Hospital. (St. Boniface was great too). I expressed these sentiments to Dr. V as well. Please have confidence in him.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

I met Dr. Viallet for the first time about 15 minutes before my total thyroidectomy. He was very professional and made me feel completely at ease. I think that he actually had me smiling as I was falling asleep. I had the surgery on Friday, and today is Monday. The incision looks great already - healing perfectly, looks like it will be only minimal scarring. My throat hurts, but not as much as I had thought it would. So glad that he was my surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

he takes for ever and his staff messed up my appoinment

flag | Submitted November 30, 2007