Ratings for Dr. David J. Tucker

great doctor who takes time to listen and will try his hardest for every patient

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I was with dr. Tucker for years. And though I always found him a bit abrupt I respected his medical knoweldge. That is until he began to suddenly become more gruff. These past years he sent me to a couple of specialist over time and yet he would argue with their conclusions and often change their therapy. This combined with his office's inability to handle disability paper work lead to a parting of the ways. In addition of late his directness has morphed into disrespect. I could nonot in good conscience recomend him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Tucker is the most compassionate doctor I have ever known. In addition to being an excellent diagnostician, he is never hesitant to recommend a good referral to the best specialists in the field, understanding that in today's world, an internist is not as knowledgeable as some specialists in areas of expertise.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

Dr Tucker is certainly the best doctor in the St Louis area. He is kind, caring, considerate, and a very compassionate man. He never hesitates to return your phone calls PERSONALLY. No matter what time it is. He has called on weekends, evenings, and even when he is on vacation or not on call if you need him. I have never had a doctor that is more caring or concerned about a patient. If you need to wait, trust me he is worth the wait. He has become the primary doctor for all of my family and friends. He is concerned about every aspect of your life and makes you feel like he is a family friend, not just another chart or patient to him. I have never felt like I was a bother or that I was rushed out of his office. He is certainly one of a kind. I don't know why anyone would ever give him a bad rating. He certainly does NOT deserve any negativity. Many other doctors could learn a thing or two about Dr David Tucker!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Absolutely the best doctor around. Honest, intelligent, and the most compassionate person I know. I have been a patient of Dr. Tucker for over 20 years, since he got out of medical school, and I know I can't imagine a doctor who could be better. For a period of time I could not pay my bill because I lost my job, instead of sending bill collectors, Dr. Tucker saw me for free - that's how great he is. He's just a regular guy with this exception - he's got a huge heart AND he's a genius diagnostician. My husband had a rare rash, and Dr. Tucker caught it right away, which probably saved his life. Thank you, Dr. Tucker. Also his employees are so helpful. I think his wife works in the office, which really gives it a family feel. She is so kind and on top of any issues any patient could have. I don't know what I would have done in my life without Dr. Tucker.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Went to him after being bitten by a spider which caused leg tingles, he insisted that it was caused by me being overweight and never even looked at the area in question. Was hostile after I insisted on looking at site. He then told me it was a pimple! Called back and was told there was nothing he could do until I heeded his advice and began to lose weight! That was my last visit EVER.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

He has been a family doctor for a long time now. I am not his patient on a regular basis but whenever I am having health issues he and his staff fit me in immediately. He calls to check on how I am doing after I meet with him. His is extremely wise and nice. He has and will go out of the way to make sure I am taken care of. He has never ever been hostile. He might be quick and honest. He is the best doctor and has seen my family through many health issues.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

My experience over many years has been very positive. Excellent diagnostition and very ready to refer. Can be abrupt, but never hostile (unless perhaps reacting to a hostile patient). Don't look to him to be a therapist or psychologist - but be confident that he is driven by interest in patient's health.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

uncooperative, slow to reply, doesn't listen, refuses referrals, defensive, takes offense, hostile attitude, poor diagnostic skills, seems uninterested in patient

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. David J. Tucker's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

• BCBS Illinois