Ratings for Dr. Nikesh Batra

My husband and I have been going to dr batra for 3+ years now. I really loved him at first. He was very helpful by prescibing me meds that I had been on for so many years prior to being seen by him. This past year has been really really hard for me as to him trying to ween me off the meds. Well when you have only a few meds that you can take it is hard to understand why he wants me off of them. Every time I have had an appointment this past year all I get is a lecture about how the goverment has been cutting down and wants to get people off the meds. Yes I understand that they are trying to get the people that don't need the meds and those who are selling them insted of using them. I also understand that we are in a crisis of so many people being addicts too. But man I don't need a lecture EVERY TIME I see him. I have stopped seeing dr Bates and started with a new dr closer to me and this new dr has done more about listening to me and getting me on more helpful meds. Now I love Jackie she has been the BEST nurse ever. She is the one I willl miss the most. I hope tjis helps you decide on wether or not to see dr batra.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I had been going to another pain management Dr. for 21/2 years and had no medical procedures ordered. I have only been going to Dr. Batra for a few short months. He has ordered several X ray's and helped my pain so much more then if I had just medications. Jackie is Dr. Batra assistant She is wonderful and so are the front desk staff. thank you all so much for helping me.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Batra's for several years. He is a thorough and knowledgeable physician who cares deeply about his patients. Rescheduling can be tricky because he sees patients at multiple offices (one of which is in an under-served area of north central Ohio). He takes his time with patients, so you'll have the occasional long wait as well as the occasional hour-long appointment. Potential patients have to prove their bona fides to him due to the number of people who fake pain in an attempt to wheedle prescriptions out of him. Dr. Batra is notable for searching out the root cause of symptoms and suggesting a variety of possible approaches, rather than just throwing medications at them. He's very aware that keeping people on meds for extended periods can be dangerous to their long-term health. He has never under-treated me, but we've worked together to limit the meds I take and to find the lowest dosages that will still control my symptoms. I heartily recommend Dr. Batra!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

I have been with Dr. Batra and his staff a long time now. I am a disabled Corrections Officer and Doctor Batra and hos staff are EXCELLENT! Their are numerous patients that go their and try and get pain meds for no reason and may have an addiction which is why there are negative reviews. DISREGARD them, Other than the wait time once you get there may take some time, THEY ARE EXCELLENT AND COURTEOUS.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Office staff are very rude and unprofessional, and I found them to be incompetent and even decietful about Dr. Batra's intent to prescribe pain medication. There was no flexibility in dates or times of office appointments, as I had to meet pre-established dates/times. Dr. Batra is pleasant, but he refused to write pain scripts for me even after I requested them numerous times on numerous appointments, and even after Dr. Batra did a Medial Branch Block on my lumbar spine. Simply put, Dr. Batra doesn't care about his patient's suffering as clearly demonstrated by his refusal to give pain medications to patients suffering from debilitating pain. DO NOT go to this doctor, or the practice he's affiliated with (Pain Care Specialists) in central Ohio if you are seeking pain relief...there a number of much, much better pain doctors to go to, as this one is not interested in relieving patients from pain (which I thought was the point). Stay clear!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

The Doctor seems to ignore answers to his questions when the answer is not what he wanted to hear.I think he's more interested in protecting his license by under medicating than listening to the patient and making decisions that might actually help them. He is very polite and always smiling though.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010