Ratings for Dr. Michael Meckin

horrible experience, does not listen, take a interest or ask questions at all

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Have had bad experiences with, him and heard from others as well.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I would avoid this doctor he likes to "flag" patients Care Card when he stops seeing them and informs every doctor in the area not to see you I speak from experience and years of denied access to medical services in Campbell River and numerous complaints to VIHA and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. Since this questionable doctor "flagged" my Care Card and blocked my access to all doctors at Alder Medical and ALL surrounding clinics in the area

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

I have been taking my family to see Dr. Meckin since he first came to C.R. There is no other Dr I would trust the care of my family to. He may be straight forward and hard to get in to see at times but it is worth the wait to know that my family will receive the best care that is available. No matter what the situation has been he has always come through for us, even when it requires just showing up at the hospital at 430 a.m to make sure I was OK and to explain things to a neurotic pregnant woman. We need more Dr's like him in this world. Kudos to you Dr Meckin for making a difference in peoples lives!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr Meckin has been my doctor for the past 4 years. He is awesome in every way. He has seen me through MANY medical issues and I have shared everything about myself open and honestly......and he still keeps me as his patient. I recomment Dr Meckin to all my friends. He's my super doc. Brenda Silva......grateful patient.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

absolutely the best doctor i have ever had....very understanding and patient

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

said there was nothing he could do 4 me with WCB. 4 yrs later I'm still fighting. Said we were friends, used that 2 try 2 screw me with WCB. I think he wants 2 be a Compo Dr.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

Physicians willing to actually talk to laymen are rare indeed, which is one of Dr. Mike's many valuable and excellent qualities. The only criticism I may have is that he is incredibly busy, handling probably one of the largest patient loads in the area, which sometimes limits his accessibility, very likely due to his popularity.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

A Prince of a guy! C.River is lucky to have him! Caring, thoughtful and much smarter than Dr. House on T.V.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr.Mekin has been awsome for myself and my family for the last 12 years. We wouldn't trade him for the world.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009