Ratings for Dr. Jan Goodwin

Worst patient care. She belittles you and gets extremely offended when you talk about others on your care team. She doesn’t give you space to explain, interrupts and shuts you down. Even with our doctor shortage, I would NOT recommend. Just awful.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

I would say that perhaps she is late, and she has taken time to help me on more than one occasion. I know that she is overworked and that perhaps if our system was better, she would not be. She has always kept me on track, is stern about somethings and is right most of the time. Became my doctor 20 years ago and with out her I would have died, she listened. I thank her for being a great doctor. Joanne Beau.....

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

Asks you what is wrong yet won’t let you complete a sentence to explain. Chastises you when you need to see a duty dr yet not a chance to can get an appt with her when you need one. Wanted me to pay for a legit missed appt yet Its okay that I have to wait at the very least 1 1/2 hrs every single time I see her. Pretty sure I was doing her other patients a favour by not showing up. Waaaay too large a patient load. Very concerning that she jots notes down on a tiny piece of paper to later try to decipher to put on your file. A file that NEEDS to be accurate. I have accessed mine in the past and trust me...there were errors. Has had me in tears more than once..but what can u do when there’s a Dr shortage?

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

She was my doctor for many years. 10 +. She became very angry at the world I think. I only seen her for regular exams yearly. Then I had a car accident in 2014. Went to see her she kept trying to give me a percription for pain pills. When I said no she said go home take Tylenol. I kept going to physio appts and she only checked on those once not on a weekly basis as she should have done. When I tried to have her sign my release paper 3 times so I could go back to work she said I wasn't ready. My physio and massage therapist said I was. I called her office but as always she was busy and her regular lady was not there. A young girl was there and all she did was tell anybody who called to call back. I told her it was urgent. She later told Goodwin that I somehow had a problem with her. I just wanted my question answered. So the price for my release letter that I waited for at least 3 months went from 50 bucks to 60 because the little girl only knew how to answer the phone one way. Too bad. Guess Goodwin really needed that extra 10 bucks from me. Hope she gave the 60bucks to the one on the phone for some training before she gets a real job. If I'm desperate for a doctor I go to a clinic.they want to help you when your sick. Hope she's retired so she can spend her days with her horse. Not people..eileen. f.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

If you want to get judged, belittled, and told that you can’t do anything right in life, then BAM, goodwins your gal. What a miserable, ignorant, disrespectful human. The world is lucky she’s not accepting new patients!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I’m not sure why she hasn’t retired as of yet. Must want money because she doesn’t seem to like medicine or her patients. She is very abrupt and cold. I don’t have anxiety, but I did have it knowing I had to see her. She made me not trust doctors anymore. I don’t understand why some general practitioners have absolute zero bedside manner. Compassion should be a madetory requirement for medical school admission. Why practice medicine when you have a counterproductive personality. With a doctor shortage in NS it is unfortunate that we are left with physicians like this one to be our first line of health care. I’d rather go to a walk in clinic before having her get paid to give me anxiety!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

We absolutely adore Dr. Goodwin. She's been pivotal for our small little family during some tough times. Sometimes you wait a bit, but that's often because of the time and care she's putting into each patient and so it's worth it. Greatly appreciate her, coming from a series of Doctor's who meant well but weren't great coming up with solutions that worked for all parties.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

hateful and rude, dont like her at all! doesn't listen and thinks shes always right

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Worst experience ever. Dr Goodwin was the most dismissive, condescending physician I have ever seen. She told me I was wrong, didn't care to explain why and became incredibly defensive when I asked for further understanding. She then opened the door while I was still speaking. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Excellent doctor, listens well, well educated, makes decisions based on facts.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017