Ratings for Dr. Kevin Coates

Dr. Coates has been our family Dr. for 31 years. I am 77 and wife 75 and we have never had a GP as good in all aspects of our treatments/diagnoses over the years. He is a fantastic "Medical Detective" in my view and we trust his judgment implicitly. It certainly a bonus to have your GP also with a Pharmacy degree. He has answered our concerns by phone many times after regular hours and is as devoted to his profession. He certainly earned the recognition of his peers when named Family Dr. of the Year a few years ago.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I currently have night sweats and understand the difference between sweating a bit and having night sweats where you wake up dreanched and cold. The only reason I went to see him is because a close friend who is a doctor insisted. Dr. Coates told me to use less blankets. I'm sure that will help when I wake up in a cold sweat. Currently seeking another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Coates is a fantastic doctor and anyone that can get into see him is a lucky patient.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr Coates has been my doctor for 25 years and delivered both my babies. Great dr and great man! So knowledgeable! Love his receptionist!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr. Coates has been my doctor for over 30 years. He is the best G. P. that I have ever had. Dr. Coates has helped me through many health issues. He has been caring and patient with me. The wait to see him is long, so I plan to tap into the free WiFi or check out the magazine's on hand. Either way, he's worth the wait. He has never rushed me. He has consistently been on top of my health issues. In my opinion, Dr. Coates is the best general practitioner in the city.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Great Dr. Great receptionist , and very pleased with assistant! I have been going here since he started his practice and consider myself very lucky to be a patient. Appts can run late because he is giving people the time they deserve!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN! Although very busy, he takes the time to sit back and answer questions thoroughly. Always friendly and very professional. Very busy, so long waiting times, but can see his assistant if necessary. He has called me with the results of my tests LATE in the evening - long after his work hours should have been over! NOT a pill pusher and doesn't push all sorts of tests when waiting serves the purpose! Have also seen his assistant when Dr. Coates' schedule is full. His assistant is wonderful as well and takes the time to listen and explain and consult with other physicians if he isn't sure of something.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I too have experienced the "assistant" and think that this is an awful way to conduct yourself. If you don't have the time to care for your patients 1..dont take the appointment or 2..at least have the common decency to refer them somewhere else. He may have been a great doctor at one point in his life. and he may still be if you can get in to see him before you die or your problems worsen. I have never been so disappointed in a doctor. I see a specialist in the same building that I was a referral from a walk in clinic. I have suffered a long time with coates. and now I know that there are better doctors and PEOPLE out there. DR COATES RETIRE and enjoy all that money you made before your loss it in a law suit cause someone dies waiting for you. ps - your not even worthy of the 1 star we are force to click on. should be a negative rating !!! -5

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

My mother has been pawned off on his Assistant .. Which he gets paid as tho he was seeing. They pass off more pills than they can handle ... must be getting kick backs from drug company's - terrible terrible - Shame on you dr coates - when you don't have time for your patients anymore and all you care about is getting paid - it's time to retire !!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I have been seeing him for 20 years he is very professional and thorough will not rush and takes the time to do a full examination.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015